Wing Tai Chuan??

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by SCP_Kensei, Mar 25, 2007.

1. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

http://www.wingtaichuan.org.uk/

this has recently made an appearance near where i live. It's not something i'm interested in training in (not a fan of Kung fu myself) but I was interested to see what you MAP kung Fu buffs made of it.

2. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Very Odd ....If you are going to do 2 things then call them by their names! Atleast do a little research in Cantonese to call it what it is.......It appeared to be a little hokey to me.

Kew-Do

3. Mano Mano

Mano Mano Dirty Boxer

SCP_Kensei the Sijo Garry Allsopp has a reputation among the other kung fu parishioners on Tyneside, a reputation to do anything to get noticed he even went on the X factor when it the auditions were held in Newcastle just to get publicity for his wing tai chuan style how desperate is that,

One more thing on his website he says that he has studied Guba Doce Parces Multistyle System he is not an instructor of the system he has only attended open seminars with Danny Guba & is not his student.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  4. beknar

beknar Valued Member

on his web site, it indicates black phoenix (??) wing chun from 1995 - 1996. one year???

5. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi SCP_k,

Your private email inbox needs clearing ;-)

Bill

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I'm curious as to where the flying side kick is to be found in Wing Chun or Taiji?

7. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

I've never seen it applied or taught in the 3 systems of Wing Chun/Yong Chun, that I teach...

8. Raven Wing

Raven Wing Valued Member

Yeah, I saw this guy on the x factor and it was a little embarrasing! He may or may not be a great martial artist (I know which I am guessing ;) ) but he just made himself look desperate with that. I will never understand why so many people since bruce lee seem desperate to create their own martial art - especially when bruce himself seems to have regretted giving his own style a name for people to argue over!