wing chung and boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by pseudo, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't even notice this was in the Boxing forum! Blasphemy!

If the thread was called, "Boxing and Wing Chung" than it would be a different story, but as it stands it must go! :mad:

2. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

I already feel bad about this thread. Totally did not go in the direction I was hoping. I just want this thread to die and disappear, I figured if I ignored it, it would just go away. :bang: :mad::cry:

I feel like I should be banished from map for this travesty.

Why are people keeping this thing alive. Go post in another one of my utterly failed threads like the food thread. Or better yet, go play in the ninjutsu forum :evil:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

4. Ero-Sennin

This is like Satan himself telling me how I should spend my time.

::spits::

5. Ero-Sennin

6. belltoller

Nahh pseudo, LOL! I wasn't referring to your original post - which was fair enough. I don't know anything about the other styles anyroo - just this other crud has started.

People ought to be able to post things they legitimately have a question about. I just didn't want it to turn into another style-mock fest, aye?

belltoller is a wee self-righteous this evening, isn't he? lol

7. belltoller

I didn't know that was you LOL! Doesn't look anything like the kid with the candy cane you had on before, lol. Nothing wrong with it BTW!

8. belltoller

LMAO...holdin back the tears

9. ellacooper

ellacooper Banned Banned

they are not real boxer because their punches are not on exact position.;)

10. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

he must have taken REXKWANDO!!!

11. Saved_in_Blood

and that's all that really needs to be said about it. /thread.

12. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

Actually if you add wing chun to your boxing you're bound to make your boxing worse. Poor footwork + contrived trapping drills (which in and of itself is a completely contrived range) <<<<<< pure boxing.

Not to mention after a long preamble about chun vs boxing videos not featuring real boxers the 'boxer' never threw a single clean punch, tried to go to the body, moved his head, or employed any lateral movement whatsoever.

If Izzo is convinced his chun would work against boxing he could always put on some mama gloves and get in a ring with a real- as in not a friend of his- boxer.

That's one wing chun video I'd actually like to watch.

13. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Here this explains it best of all.

The role of Bambi played by Wing Chun.

The role of Godzilla played by Boxing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wUdetAAlY&safe=active"]Bambi Vs. Godzilla - YouTube[/ame]

14. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

Boxing, Muay Thai, San da, wrestling...take your pick. I will keep saying it until I see evidence otherwise: WC literally never comes out on top unless its a well crafted "WC vs." video.

It's rare to even find Wing chun stylists in amateur San da comps, which is where you'd THINK you'd find them competing. Oh well.

The WC guy in this video is supposed to be a WC "Champ".

This is their karma for creating so many "WC vs." videos..."X vs. Chun" videos of actual WC "experts" getting beaten to a pulp, on camera, just like they did in the early UFC.

20 years to adapt/rethink the strategy....and nothing has changed since Asbel Cancio, other than the fight lasting a few seconds longer..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpRWtYC9HOI"]Muay Thai Vs Wing Chun Real Fight - YouTube[/ame]

15. Wooden Hare

Just for comparison, here is what an actual Wing Chun stylist (blue sash) looks like, in a Kuoshu match (the rarity I was speaking), against a Sanda fighter (red sash).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9hqicZ8Nss"]Pro Kuoshu: Sam Byford-Winter (Sanda) - Red vs Unknown (Wing Chun) - Blue - YouTube[/ame]

To these eyes, it's pretty obvious why this guy does a lot better than the guy in the last video.

But what happens is most Chunners will simply NOT accept the guy in this video as one of their own.

Their loss.

16. Saved_in_Blood

Admittedly I know little about Wing Chun. I do think I recall reading a bit about it which said they try to use the center line, so they basically move straight ahead... yeah? no? If so, then there is no comparison to boxing which moves all over and will get you KO'd quickly moving straight in.

17. Wooden Hare

Not if you are Mike Tyson.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-478QGV9pc"]Mike Tyson Knockouts Collection - YouTube[/ame]

18. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Not really wing chun looks to occupy the centreline and control it in relation to their opponent, if I can get to your outside and look directly across you whilst making you look off at an angle I have control of the centre, it doesn’t mean I have to be directly infront of you just that I have to be in a superior position relative to you…..of course that is easier to type than actually do with a moving opponent and one of the big issues with wing chun (sounds great on paper looks terrible in reality)

What WILL get you Ko’d by a boxer is having your chin Up, your shoulders DOWN, your arms AWAY from your body and your elbows pointing DOWN when you punch

19. Ero-Sennin

When Wing Chun starts implementing serious physical training and monstrously powerful and technical punches, augmented with speed and tenacity . . . . you can make that statement. :mad:

20. Saved_in_Blood

I don't care much for Tyson, but while on the subject... look at Douglass when he beat him, he fought a near perfect fight against him. Using a stiff jab, more movement, longer reach, etc. Tyson was always going to be at a disadvantage against many HW's because his weight was HW, but his height and reach really weren't. When you are a little guy with a little reach, you work on getting in close and staying there... not standing at a distance and getting picked apart.