Wing chun vs. Karateka

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by 8limbs38112, Mar 28, 2014.

1. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

2. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

It always feels like that the first time round. ;)

3. 8limbs38112

I've finally made my decision. I'm going to train aikido. It's just what I need right now, and believe it or not. I found a good dojo that trains properly. Often after class the instructor and higher level students get together and spar. One person does attacks spontaneously and the other person preforms whatever technique he feels is necessary. From what I've been told on this forum light sparring helps you learn how to preform under pressure also. They don't go full contact, but if I want to give my brother or someone some mma gloves and let him attack me the instructor said that would be cool too. They also do randori, although I forgot what exactly that was. I couldn't have done muay thai on my diet because it was too rough. Later on down the line I will crosstrain in muay thai or boxing. Probably boxing, but for now it's just aikido. If anyone thinks this is a bad decision feel free to comment. If there are no naysayers I will start my martial arts journey. If yall think this is a bad idea, there is a Shotokan place I can visit. But I researched aikido and read a lot of the comments in the other thread, and it seems the consensus is that aikido is not a bad art to learn as long as it's training methods are good.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Glad you made up your mind. When do you start?

You have done a lot of talking about going to start this or that, so I want to hear when you actually HAVE started!:)

You did you research, you asked for advice, but ultimately the decision is yours. Don't get too caught up in needing approval from everyone here. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of knowledge. However, some of those opinions on various styles do contradict each other. So, if aikido is what you want to do, the school looks good and has sparring and all- don't wait for approval here.

Just go do it!

Look forward to updates on how your training goes. Best wishes to you!

5. 8limbs38112

I'm going to begin the 27th of this month. After I get my check.

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Coo!:cool:

I still want to hear from you AFTER you have actually done it though!

7. 8limbs38112

allright. Ill pm you.