Wing Chun techniques.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Geordie Boy, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Geordie Boy

Geordie Boy New Member

Is there any joint locking or throwing techniques in Wing chun.Or is there only striking techniques?

2. Cheng

Cheng Banned Banned

Yes there are many.

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Nice, simple answer. Anybody care to elaborate!

Col

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hi Cheng,

welcome to the forums.

Can't answer for all schools here FF, but you'll often find all the usual stuff in WC. Arm Bar, Figure 4, Chicken Wing etc.

I've been assured that WC can be used on the deck too, but I've yet to have that proved to me.

5. Russ

Russ New Member

Hi,
    I've been training Wing Chun for just over 2 years, in our club locks and throws are applied occasionally through the process of trapping limps in sparring or in Chi sau etc.
    But as a rule we will punch / chain punch instead of applying locks as a prefered method of finishing a fight quickly.:D

6. FREEMAN

FREEMAN New Member

with wing chun there main aim is to trap and punch and kick but i have read that styles like wing chun kune(kune just means boxing) applys chi na style wrist locking this style of locking is in a lot of kung fu based style may have been added by sombody who has took it from another style the learnt

hope this is of help

7. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

From my own limited experience of WC, I'd say it is a system where you can find many situations to apply another system, be it striking or grappling, CMA, FMA or JMA.