Wing Chun Roundhouse Defense

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Sketco, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melb

melb Banned Banned

oooohhhh...a sense of humour failure? How come Im still laughing?Dr Lecter? Is your first name really Hannibal? In my job I've met a Doctor Death...His name is John and actaually a really nice guy..

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I like my steaks medium rare, usually walk my dog after dinner, and like to pee my initials in the snow when I'm camping.

Since you want to add posts that have no relevancy to the issue at hand, I figured I'd oblige and give you a hand.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

But didn't you hear?!?!
    Living in Asia for a few years makes you incredibly knowledgable about martial arts!
    But you have to move away from Asia to truly understand this knowledge.

That's why Slip's words are underserving of anything other than dismissive comments.

4. melb

melb Banned Banned

Hey, you heard of Bear Grylls? He's full of rubbish...like you..look up mors korchansky and ray mears.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I could care less about putting any fires out - that's clearly an exercise in futility as there's enough spontaneous combustion/stupidity fueling the fires.

Proof isn't going to happen. To the best of my knowledge I don't think melb has ever posted up anything other than a lot of theory. So footage of him actually defending against someone who throws competent roundhouse kicks is probably not going to appear anytime soon.

melb has quite the reputation for being a lot of talk. Which can be amusing to a point and then quickly descends into the normal WC tedium of backpedaling and fantasyland.

6. melb

melb Banned Banned

yep..usually around the time you cant respond...thats when it becomes nice n convenient to throw WC out the window

7. slipthejab

uh who can't respond? Responding isn't the issue (the real irony is that you're on about non-response when what I posted was precisely that... a response to Sketco... go figure) But when the threads continually reach a point that the willfully ignorant (that'd be you) continue to post fantasy land garbage of the shoulda-coulda-woulda variety (that's your armchair theorizing en masse)... then it becomes pretty hard to take WC seriously. I'm sure there must be some WC guys out there who can post up something convincing in regards to dealing with roundhouse kicks. But melb... reality check time son... that's not you... not now not ever methinks.

8. melb

melb Banned Banned

Now we're going back to post your viseo or shut up? It's not enough to talk and have knowledge that way..? it's a chat forum and lots of people wont post videos of themselves due to privacy issues...here we go again...bring Martial Man into then? Why do you defend him when he wont say anything about himself?

9. melb

melb Banned Banned

Youve been watching too much sex in the city son..

10. slipthejab

At this point we've seen your charade go on for long enough at MAP. So I think most would be willing to see almost any WC video that shows a competent defense against an actual roundhouse kick. But in particular I'd be quite interested to you see you post up your video... you talk a good game... but my money say you're nothing more than talk. And half the time even that leaves much to be desired.

Puhleeeeeeeeeze.... after some of the whoppers you've posted do you really expect anyone to equate 'knowledge' with your usual paint by numbers schtick? I think not. :rolleyes:

As for issues of privacy. Hell yes it's a huge issue... for you. To be caught out like an absolute **** end for all to see... after all your blither and blather about how you would deal with a roundhouse kick... would be rather embarrassing for you... so yeah man I can see why privacy is the paramount issue here. :hat:

Don't try the switch up... we're talking about you. Not about him. I'm interested to see if you can actually physically do what you are trying to foist on people. My guess is no. My guess is you will shim and sham and duck and dodge and try to pull the privacy card and all the other usual tricks that muppets always pull when asked to back up their talk.

Don't worry melb... I'm very clear on where you stand. I don't think we'll ever see anything more from you than a lot of talk.

11. melb

melb Banned Banned

What exactly am I trying to 'foist ' on people here Slip? That MT isn't the 'King of MA'? Have I really gone that far as to deserve a Puhleeeeeeeeeze....?
    Every chance Ive had Ive talked about techniques - whereas most people wont. Ive told you the reality about WC numerous times but you've always chosen to ignore it.

12. slipthejab

All the fantasy fight choreography that you concoct not only in your head but in just about every thread you traipse into. You would do this... then that... but of course you'd see the kick a mile of... but it wouldn't even matter because you only get caught by snap kicks... and even that is moot because you spar with experienced people but even that doesn't matter because you are protecting your privacy so couldn't possibly post up a video of you backing up even one single iota of the nonsense you claim...

yadda yadda yadda....

No one is even on about that... but in your delusional state you live in a high contrast paradigm that is ultimately polarized to further entrench you armchair theories. Your whole approach is thus:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPg_GzC-HA"]The Hokey Pokey Song With Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Oh really now? Have you? Sorry.. must have gotten lost in all your seeing of kicks miles off and blocking incoming roundhouses with your hands on knees and your only getting caught with front snap kicks and all the other rigamarole you continuously post. Yawn. :rolleyes: Sing your song and I'll come back when I'm in need of further amusement of the fantastic kind.

13. melb

melb Banned Banned

Dude when you say things like this.."but in your delusional state you live in a high contrast paradigm that is ultimately polarized to further entrench you armchair theories"...I would say there are people who can help. My advice? Get back home to your family asap.

14. melb

melb Banned Banned

Is Slip alright?

15. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

You forgot to add/mention;

Being a .....

* Self Taught Scholar-Learning From Books and Videos

* Bruce Lee Wanna be

* Bouncer-Doorman (or ex)

* Military Drill Trainer (or ex)

* Seal-Beret/Special forces (or ex)

* Law Enforcement Officer (or ex)

* Studied from a Asian ( or half..or ate Asian food)

* Studied from the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  16. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

The problem is, melb, your talk about technique is way too much of you using the hole between your cheeks instead of the one on your face.

So for those of us who missed it, what is "the reality about WC?"

17. melb

melb Banned Banned

Arent you on the iceburg buddy? Slowly drifting away as we speak?

18. melb

melb Banned Banned

Thanks for your roundabout way of telling us who you are Martial Man. Sounds like an interesting life.

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Round about like a round house? :hat:

rounded

rounder

roundish

round robin

round shouldered

round up

Lighten up man, its all in good jest

20. melb

melb Banned Banned

lighten up? I'm already there. You used to put on shorts n a t-shirt and then had guys run 5 kms each day...am I right????? Now when you say you were in the navy seals that's a full on statement. I have a relative who'se in the SAS and who shot 3 IRA men back in the 80s. Were you an operational seal or were you a PT instructer? There's a huge difference..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.