Wing Chun in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Almack, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Almack

Almack Almack

I hate to be one of these people who starts a thread looking for an MA in his or her area, but I'm going to anyway as I've searched the web to no avail.

I currently train in the Bujinkan but I've been wanting to try Wing Chun for years and recently attended a class in Edinburgh with Paul Smith (Combat Arts Scotland). I loved it, thoroughly enjoyed myself but due to work contraints and living outside the city, I'm unable to attend regular lessons.

I have approached the instructor with the aim of taking private lessons but with the closure of the Edinburgh Martial Arts college, there is currently no venue to hold the lessons.

What I'm wondering and hoping is if anyone on here is aware of any other WC/WT classes in the Edinburgh area or even knows an instructor who flies under the radar so to speak, who teaches in the area but doesn't advertise?

Any information regarding the above would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

I thought one of his guys taught in the Tenchi dojo, arthur street in leith. Where BBD ninjistu school and my Aikido school is? Sure its on a Sunday? Plus there is the availability of hall hire for your own training.

3. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

4. Almack

Almack Almack

Thanks for the response, but I was hoping there might be something week nights in the evening. I could probably make it to Leith on the occasional Sunday but parking would be an issue. The weekend is normally 'family time' for me.

5. Robert Journey

Robert Journey Valued Member

Don't know if this is too far out for you, but we train wc Monday and Thursday nights and monthly on Sundays in the Borders village of Lilliesleaf which is perhaps a 40 drive from Edinburgh. pm me for details if you like.

6. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Masochist ;)

7. spidersfrommars

spidersfrommars Valued Member

I know it's really not what you asked for but if you ever feel the need for some cross training into grappling I highly recommend this place http://www.mma.me.uk/ I trained there for a few months and had a great time.

8. PiotrSzledak

PiotrSzledak Banned Banned

reactivaction wing tsun classes

Hey !! If someone is interested in wing tsun classes i can train with him or her. Actually i am looking for people who want to train wing chun/tsun. I have heart that paul smith academy was closed so if someone would like to train please call me on this telefone number

Contact details removed as per the ToS

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014