Wing Chun a naming and killing martial art?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Nathaniel1337, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The Dan Tien is a spot about two inches below your belly button. It has great significance in traditional Chinese medicine (meridians, acupuncture and so forth.)

What 'chi' is depends on who you ask. There are some people who believe that it's some kind of 'mystical energy' which flows around your body (along the aforementioned 'meridians') and gets stored in your Dan Tien. But they probably believe in unicorns and elves as well.

A more credible view of 'chi' is that it is the result of using our body and it's energy in the most efficient way possible.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

I remember something in a kungfu magazine about 2 schools of energy? Chi gong and something else? One internal and one external, inner-body and hard-body or something of the such.

Anyone know what I mean? If so, care to shed some light on the subject?

I believe it was a wingchun article. It was chi and something else.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

'Chi kung' means 'breath skill'. I believe that there are a number of different variations, but I don't know how much overlap there is, or how much difference between them.

I understand that 'iron shirt' Qigong is reputed to be able to toughen the body to withstand blows and so forth. I don't know about any meaningful distinction between 'internal' and 'external' Qigung though. Maybe someone else could answer this.

Hope that is of some help.

4. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Jin maybe?

Oh but you got ban-sticked.