will not tap!!!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by thiaboxr2, Jul 14, 2003.

1. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

Have you ever came across someone you are grappling with that will not tap no matter how loud they scream in pain? And tries to hold out and resists as long as possible in hopes to ' whine ' their way free from your arm bar that you have set in solid for the past 2 minutes?
    I have a friend that will do just that, not tap! Its funny at times to see him squirm in pain and have everyone else yelling at him to tap. After he gets up, he wonders why his arm is so sore. After a few minutes go by, he suddenly becomes " SUPERMAN " and thinks that it- will-not-happen-to-me-again! And the process repeats itself.... The screaming and yelling and whining....

Thought I'd share that with you..

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Option 1: Break his arm

Option 2: (My prefered method) Secure the arm bar then whack him in the nose until he taps.

3. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

True , I can break his arm. It would give me just 1 arm left to twist in every direction. and not only can I achieve this in record time, He will not even try to resist!!
    I think I will go for an ankle lock next time and start to slowly eliminate limbs. Once I ' get rid of ' the other 3 limbs, REAR CHOKE all the time!! I won't have to shoot in because....well, you know. He'll already be laying face down!
    Then I will have a real life training dummy that will scream like a real victim when in trouble. Best part... No batteries required!

4. YODA

Chokes a re a great way to "educate" someone to tap.

Choke them out - then let them wake up with everyone chuckling at them - they'll soon get fed up :D

5. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

I can only do that during my free time in the gym. Not in class or its 2 weeks off from class. 2nd offense would be done with grappling.
    In the gym there are no rules, unless i missed them. I've been lucky enough not to actually choke someone out. However, I came close on a couple of occasions to passing out myself. Part of training.. learning to tap in time!

6. YODA

Getting choked out is fun - you get used to it :D

Look on my website in the Gallery - we even do it in the Pub LOL!

7. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

It is fun because you wake up about 10 seconds later wondering what happened as you are wiping the drool off your face!

8. Cain

Cain New Member

umm.....never choked out someone, asking from zero experience....how do you make sure the guy's unconscious and not dead....I mean how do you choke to make sure the opponent's not dead :eek:

Chocking's fatal ain't it....?

Thanx,

|Cain|

9. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Nah, choking's not fatal. Cuts off the flow of blood to the brain and the brain shuts down functions that aren't 'vital'.

I was gonna say choke him out :D

10. YODA

*Disclaimer Time

DO NOT try to learn to choke someone unconscious without proper qualified instruction and supervision.

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

And you wonder why nobody will drink with you!!! :D

12. YODA

LOL!

:Angel:

13. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Whatever happened to honorable combat where you just take it in turns to hit each other in the face huh?

Pint on Wednesday Dave?

14. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

NO Andy he'll try to choke you out mate its a trap LOL

15. YODA

LOL!

Yeah - I'm up for a diet coke - I'm dieting :D

16. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Diet coke is loaded with sugar ain't it?

17. SteveJKDUK

SteveJKDUK New Member

I think when rolling, you are sometimes wasting valuable training time resisting. All the guy is getting from resisting an armbar is a bicep workout and a sore arm. It's sometimes easier to tap, and then try and get your own back!

18. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Sounds like an Charles Bronson film. ;)

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

No, theres no suger in it, or else it would be diet :)

20. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Charles Bronson vs Clint Eastwood, now there's a street fight LOL.

Sorry, distracting from the original thread.