Will I do more harm than good ??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Will56, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Will56

Will56 Valued Member

Basically like the title says I need some advice as to whether a routine I'm gonna do will do more harm for me than good.
    I've started weight training, a 3*5 routine, using squats, bench, military press, pull-ups, dips and some isolation exercises (Not all in the 1 workout).
    However I also train Martial Arts twice a week, was 2 night for 80 mins TKD. I'm going to change this and do a night of Kickboxing (2hrs) along with the TKD, though could change to 2 nights KB.
    I would be timetabling it like this

Monday - Gym 6:30-7:30 am
    Tuesday - KB 7:30pm-9:30
    Wednesday - Gym 6:30-7:30 am
    Thursday - TKD 8:00 - 9:00 PM (possible KB 8:00-9:00 )
    Friday - Gym 7:00 - 7:40 AM
    Weekend off apart from barwork 7hrs no break :(

Is this too much to do if I'm hoping to make some gains in size and strength?
    Weekend Gym sessions don't work as its 45mins from home and mad busy at the weekend.
    Can i realistically keep this up without burning out ? If anyone else does similar can you share some tips :)

2. spirez

spirez Valued Member

That's not too hectic of a schedule tbh. Just make sure nutrition and sleep are spot on and you'll have no problems doing that.

I'm training 6 days per week at the moment, usually for 2-3 hours at a time. I eat like a horse and try to get as much sleep as possible. No problems with burning out thus far.

3. Tom@Foresight

Tom@Foresight Valued Member

HI Will,

I would back up what Spirez said, keep your key on what you eat, your body can only optimally work if optimally fuled.

Besides that i would just say listen to your body, if it is screaming for rest, listen!

TOM

4. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea i train alot also usually 6 days a week, the days im at the gym im there usually 2 or 3 hours and the days i have jujitsu usually 5 or 6 hours and i have kick boxing after also but like another said i eat a bunch and sleep alot also, and like Tom said a big key is listen to ur body if u exhausted and dont feel like u can do something one day dont do it