WiiFit, WiiSports

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhea, May 7, 2008.

1. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Ok, will someone who's got it tell me what they do, what's on them, what programmes etc? I'm playing a joke on my exercise and fitness assessor, and I'm gonna write a circuit for it/them,as part of my "Keep up with innovations in the industry part".
    Please feel free to chuck in anything that might help ;)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

WiiSports only has five games on it - Tennis, baseball, bowling, golf and boxing, they are all very enjoyable (though the responsiveness of boxing isn't very good) but not very deep. They are basically ways of showing off the motion sensing abilities of the console.

There's a whole Wii age thingy in there as well which is based on your scoring in the games which is fun for the kids.

4. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I don't have a problem with the boxing, the upper cuts can be a bit difficult, but as long as you make your arm movements clear you can get a good swing in and dodge fine.
    It does get you going, and it's hilarious to watch friends flailing around the living room :D

5. prowla

prowla Valued Member

We've got Wii Sports and Wii Play, whch have some fun games on them (curiously, the bowling game picked up on something I do when I really go bowling, ie. pull to the left).
    I'm not sure about Wii Fit, as I don't need a games console to tell me to do some push-ups. But our pensioner neighours have bought it, and lots of shops have run out of stock, so it's pretty popular.

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

That's just it, after the first few goes you soon realise that you don't need to flail around, just simple gentle movements will suffice. :D

Now, once they chuck a proper Star Wars lightsabre game at us then I'll be flailing around like a Jedi. :D

7. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Can someone with a WiiFit chime in to tell me a bit more about it? Particularly the yoga and step aerobics if possible.