Wiffle ball

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by JTiedes, Mar 4, 2005.

1. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

while i hope that most of my fellow americans know of this game, it has been brought to my attention by some of my wordly freinds that they have no idea what a wiffle bat is, let alone wiffle ball.
    a wiffle bat, in short, is a skinny, long, yellow, plastic baseball bat. here is a link to a pic of the bat and its infamous ball.
    thats right, i said INFAMOUS ball. unlike a normal ball, the wiffle ball is plastic and hollow. normal sounding you say? i forgot to mention that it has slots in the top, to make incredibly erratic pitches. unlike in baseball a curve ball look literally as if the pitcher threw the ball in a completely different direction than the one in which the batter lies.
    now personally im a big fan of using a wiffle bat to beat up on a freind. it seems that no matter how hard u hit them, a bruise is rarely, if ever, left.
    so to sum up my post here are some links that explain the game.
    http://www.wiffle.com/
    http://thejuice_did_it.tripod.com/ojswiffleballobsession/index.html

i do intend this as a serious post, and would appreciate it not being moved, as so many people ask me what a wiffle bat is.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  2. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

Excellent description. You're playing a part in educating many people across the world. Maybe I'll try starting a UK wiffle league! :)

Fighting with wiffle bats seems to be quite a wide spread thing in the U.S. of A. Maybe a new art should be founded:- Wiffle Sang Do :D

3. JTiedes

4. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

I don't want to be the evil snitch, but this thread is at least boarderlined advertisement.

5. JTiedes

good call alan, going to do a lil editing :p

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I also like the wiffle bat fighting.....but we tend to use wooden ones ;) Unless we REALLY like each other :D

7. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

My system of armed fighting.....wiffle sticks :p

8. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Not true my best friend and I started in grade school way back in the days of the romans. We still bash each other senseless about once a month while having a BBQ and many beers. :D

9. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Ahhhhh, the Mighty Wiffle....

Mem-or-eees, from the corners of my mind....

mem-or-ees, of the way we were.....

10. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

One of the thngs we always wondered was what was the funny ball all about. We finally filled them with black-powder and blew them up. :D

11. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

If you really want to cause bruising with a wiffle bat, wrap it with electrical tape-it adds a little something special to the party :D

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I think I played that when I was little. I had forgotten all about it.