Wierd Pain...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NickB, Dec 14, 2009.

1. NickB

NickB Valued Member

when i hold my leg up straight in front of me and attempt to hold it when i straighten it out i get an almost cramp like pain...anyone know why this is and how i remove it?

2. CDKungFu

CDKungFu Valued Member

Removing your leg is a bit serious for treating cramp mate...

:D

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Could you do it before or has this always been the case? I'm very inflexible and get a similiar pain sometimes when I grapple if I'm using my leg outside its natural range of motion

4. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

where is the pain? what kind of pain is it? does th epain radiate?

5. NickB

NickB Valued Member

it seems like i only get it sometimes, really wierd. I dont know when the pain started i dont think its an injury, the pain is similar to cramp but isn't cramp...well how do you go about not getting cramp, i will try that and see if that works but im pretty sure it isn't cramp

6. righty

righty Valued Member

It's simply due to a lack of strength in your quads. The pain is when you overstress the quads as they are not capable of holding you leg up in that position for long.

Strengthen your quads will allow you to hold the position longer and lift the leg higher. Flexible hamstrings also help.

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

8. NickB

NickB Valued Member

wow really?im amazed, I mean im not a weak guy but this would really solidify the thread i made about me neglecting my legs haha thanks though!

9. TheMadhoose

Im amazed that someone can diagnose exactly where you have waeknes when you havent even mentioned where you are experiencing pain.
    Get some expert advise to be on the safe side

10. NickB

NickB Valued Member

i understand your point, but he's correct i do feel pain in my quads, lucky guess haha

11. TheMadhoose

Your quad could also be working aginst tight hamstrings making it have to work extra hard to keep the leg out. Try Stretching your hams and burpees are a great quad excersise.

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Lack of static active flexibility in the front kick position. Do leg raises to the front, hamstring pulldowns and static holds (building up from 5-30 seconds per hold).