Why MMA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bmcgonag, Sep 17, 2007.

1. disabledhero

disabledhero jab jab elbow jab knee

well i'm trying to make more friends than foes so if you have any styles that are cool tell me.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

All styles are cool. Different people want different things out of martial arts so theres something for everyone.

3. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

...lies

4. Moi

I didn't say they were equal ;)

5. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Your first comment was better than that. Different people DO want different things out of an MA. Just get used to it, and the world will be a happier place :)

6. Moi

I'm trying. :Angel:

7. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

what kinda jerk would just post a bunch of silly stuff to raise their post count?

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

And what kinda jerk mod would delete all 7 of your 'identical' posts :rolleyes:

1 or 2 would have been funny, 7 was spamming.

9. disabledhero

MD what style do you practice

10. Moi

I don't anymore I'm too ill. I've done judo & M/T my wife does M/T and my son does M/T, judo and TKD. He also has a junior B/B in jujitsu.

11. disabledhero

too ill? explain your illness.

12. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Boy, he really owes you an explaination doesn't he? Has anyone told you today what a complete ass you come off as? Or is it a slow day for you?

13. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

IMO, MMA is pretty good and effective. However, I've met guys who are complete a-holes and have trained in kickboxing and judo and go around telling everyone they are into MMA stuff just to show off.
    I don't see any reason why you would have to learn kickboxing and grappling just to be in MMA. You can combine other arts that would complement eachother and include striking, weapons, defense, grapling, joint locks, etc...
    MMA doesn't have to be just BJJ and "kickboxing" (I don't want to say Muay Thai because I haven't seen any MT fighters in those competitions, it's all plain simple kickboxing)

14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

then you havent watched more than 30 seconds of mma. enter anderson silva. :)

15. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

I must say that his standing elbow ko was pretty amazing. I guess my statement sounded to generalizing, which wasn't intended on purpose. IMO Remy Bonjasky is pretty good too.

16. cobramma

cobramma Valued Member

mma is just basicly a freestyle of mixing many different arts into one

17. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I would love you to elaborate on this... :D

18. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

watch the seminar he conducts on rich franklin. very impressive, or chris leben for that matter. yea, i gotta say, i think the leben vs silva fight was the single worst ass beating ever recorded.

19. disabledhero

i dont under stand I just ask if its like disability or some thing i didnt mean any thing by it.

20. Moi

Are you stalking me? :D Don't worry ;)