WHY IT SUCKS TO BE THE WIFE OF A MARTIAL ARTISTS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by GSHAMBROOKE, Feb 18, 2014.

1. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I thought that this was an interesting and humorous article I must admit that I have been guilty of some of this in the past but have long since grown out of it, I know plenty of people that haven't though and I never talk to people about what I do that I don't know very well, I let them tell me all bout themselves and so many do and don't even realize it, its a bit different on a Martial Arts forum I think because we all have a common interest.

http://www.usadojo.com/articles/why-sucks-be-wife.htm

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You could always train together?

3. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I stopped training the women in my life how to fight a long time ago, it gets to dangerous when we have a falling out lol.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

My wife trains more than I do right now so I would be the "Wife" in the context of that article! :D

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I sat there and thought "it's all right, this won't include me".

Then I read it.

Yeah...I think I can tick off almost everything in some way or another :D

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

That list only applies for soft martial arts, otherwise #1 would be 'cancelled vacations because he needs shoulder/knee/hip surgery again'.

Also 'There's discarded bandages/strapping tape everywhere'

And of course 'the neighbours complaining about the smell emanating from his kit bag'

Not to mention 'he's missing my sister's wedding because he found a no-gi tournament a 6 hour drive away'

7. StooXex

StooXex Valued Member

My wife laughed at this list.

I can't understand why. :)

8. LemonSloth

Not quite had this one, but I think that's because I don't go anywhere fancy.

Oooh, good one.

Nope, not had this one, been too domesticated for the wife to allow this one.

She does complain at me for having pre-training showers though :D

Not done it for a wedding with a tournament, but I have done it with weekend training camps and christenings :)

9. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

if only it was that easy buddy, if only.

i actually found an ibjjf the weekend of my sister-in-law's wedding, one that i was even invited to be a groomsman for (lucky me!), that just so happens to be in zurich. if only i wasn't worried about visitation rights for my two kids...

10. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

i thought i was the only one who took pre training showers!

my brother always used to make fun of me for that.

11. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Nope, you can include me in this one also. I do have one afterwards as well though. Also i will be missing my nieces Birthday party in March because i have a grading lol

Baza

12. LemonSloth

My wife and family still do! They think that just because I'm gonna get hot and sweaty that I shouldn't worry. They don't seem to understand that training with someone who already stinks of sweat (in my case) before you've done anything is not nice.

I tend to have a hot wash with hot water, soap and a flannel post training actually, I don't like to waste more water than I need to use.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  13. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I take pre-training showers too.

Everyone at my dojo smells like women, except for the women. xD