Why is this site so slow to load up

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Colin Linz, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

This BB has been very slow to load up for some time, but recently it has gotten much worse. This is the first time I've been able to visit for some time, as it just times out or I get a message that it can't be found or there is an error with the site and an email has been sent to the administrator. I visit a number of BB and this is the only one that behaves like this, is there a reason?

2. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

The sheer volume of knowledge contained on the site is more then your computer can handle. :Angel:

Not buying it? Ok, how about:

The machines hate you and are plotting your demise on this messageboard? :D

3. Devildog2930

Devildog2930 Teneo vestri ego.

If like me you have a shortcut to the Map site try just entering straight to the forums by typing www.martialartsplanet.com/forums
    This usually does the trick for me when I keep getting error messages :D

4. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Still no different. It took me a number of attempts to get here this morning. All that was happening was the site would open to a blank page, but the browser would tell me it was done.

5. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Had the same problem myself most of the morning.

6. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

As have I since I started posting here. This seems to be a particularly unreliable website, including the forums.

7. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

You should try looking at this thread, all this has been discussed countless times already...

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I've now traded my MAP habit for a dirty needle and a bit of skag. :p

9. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

It is getting a bit frustrating, especially when the site goes down just after I've typed up a long post. This used to be the first BB that I checked when I logged in to my computer, recently though I tend to leave it to last or not bother at all because it crashes so often.

10. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i'm having non stop problems. MAP has become really slow and it's frustrating to keep trying for half an hour to read or post something.

11. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Yes, this is how I have become. It used to be one of my favourite Martial Art BB's, but now it is becoming not worth the effort to get here. To be fair a lot of this feeling stems from the lack of interesting discussions on the Kempo forum. There is just too much American Kempo systems political discussions. While I concede that this may be interesting to those that train in them, it holds little interest to me. Especially when I've read the same stuff over and over and on multiple BB's.

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

You think you have problems! :rolleyes:

Aside from the server problems... I can surely understand the dismay as far as the content being posted on the forum.

I suggest you take the perverbial bull by the horns and contribute some more interesting content on the forums.

"If you build it, they will come... "

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  13. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Are you kidding me??? These issues have been going on for months??? :eek:

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yes it has been.

If you've read the thread, you'll know the drill so I'm not repeating it all again. We are looking into long term fix.

As for the content here, what KC said is spot on. Don't complain about the darkness if you can put the lights on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.