Why I Prefer Dating Women Who Are Martial Artists

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Subconscious Sailboat, Apr 24, 2021.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

for sure I can see that 'being', may just be conceptual at his point. whether what we experience as stillness is ever truly non active - in the factual empirical sense - guess not. spiritual traditions recognise this too. but I guess that's kind of the point; to unveil what lies behind the curtain. I'll leave it there!

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

for sure I can see that 'being', may just be conceptual at his point. whether what we experience as stillness is ever truly non active - in the factual empirical sense. spiritual traditions recognise this too. but I guess that's kind of the point; to unveil what lies behind the curtain. I'll leave it there!

David Harrison likes this.
  3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Meditation only stills part of us.

My takeaway from the fact that the self can disappear by quieting activity, or focusing on activity other than internal monologue, points to the realisation that the self does not exist as an indelible and essential entity.

My adventures in meditation lead me to believe that "I" only exist as long as certain processes converge. Much like the Buddhist idea of the self being like the flame of a candle - we think of the flame as a distinct thing but really it is a process that changes from moment to moment (similar to the "can't step in the same river twice" thing).

axelb and cloudz like this.
  4. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Heh. Want to meet and date female martial artists? Easy== go to classes and participate with them, be sincere and not creepy.