Why i don't believe in the Trinity

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by vampyregirl, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

You've missed several steps and taken a wrong turn ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. noob88

noob88 New Member

Good points Zakariyya, So what do muslims believe about salvation just asking out of interest?

3. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Another thing you don't seem to understand is Moslems don't pray in the name of Christ.

4. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

You do realize the Book of Mormon is supported by the Hebrew scriptures including the Dead Sea scrolls right? If you think you can discredit the word of God go ahead. There is only one true church. I hope that is revealed to you in time.

5. Ben Gash CLF

So, finally dispensed with the trappings of academia and decided to go with some patronising zealotry. Top marks for honesty.

6. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

This is a little off topic but the doctrine of the Heavenly Council is supported by the Hebrew scriptures if you take the time to study them. Ael/Yaweh had a council.

7. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Nope, nothing bible related here.

:rolleyes:

8. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

As far as I know (I was catholic), a catholic is not allowed to read the bible. Only catholic prests are allowed to. Has that catholic rule been changed? In one of the bible study class in my catholic church, the prest said, "The day that you can fill water into a hole, the day that you will understand the relationship among "the father", "the son" and "the holy ghost (it was not called holy spirit in my church)". Tody, I still don't understand what did that prest try to explain.

9. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

A Catholic was not allowed to read the Bible? ... I've never heard of that before. Most Catholic churches in Scotland have a wee shop selling Bibles, rosary beads, crucifixes, candles, holy water and cards.

You must be thinking of something else.

10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You do mean Muslim right?

11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I used to belong to "Societas Verbi Divini(SVD) - Divine Word Missionaries" in Taipei, Taiwan. What catholic prest told me the reason was everybody will have the same interpretation from the bible.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

圣言会(拉丁语:Societas Verbi Divini,简称SVD;英语:Divine Word Missionaries)是一个国际性的天主教传教修会。1875年由杨生神父(Arnold Janssen)创立。

[编辑] 沿革

1879年4月20日,其第一批传教士安治泰(Johann Baptist Anzer,1851年-1903年,德国籍)和福若瑟(Josef Freinademetz,1852年-1908年,奥国籍)抵达香港。学习了一段时间中文以后,于1882年前往山东西南部阳谷县坡里庄,1885年起负责新成立的山东南境代牧区,这个教区的辖境包括半个山东省:曹州府、兖州府、沂州府和济宁直隸州。长期以来,方济各会的神父们无法在这一地区传教。坡里庄的100多名教友几乎就是新教区的全部成员。然而富于进取心的圣言会克服了种种阻力,终于在这一地区打开了局面。在曹州教案以后,得以将主教座堂建造在兖州府城,并扩展到青岛附近的4个县。1900年,福若瑟神父被选任为省会长;他在济宁附近的戴家庄建立了圣言会的省会院。1949年,圣言会在山东创建的5个教区——兖州教区、青岛教区(1925)、阳谷教区(1933,中国籍主教)、曹州教区(1934)和沂州教区(1937年从青岛教区分出)已经拥有20万教友。此外,圣言会在中国其他省份还陆续建立了信阳代牧区(1923)、新鄉監牧區(1936)、西宁监牧区(1937),并从圣母圣心会手中接管了兰州代牧区(1923)、和新疆监牧区(1930)。

1933年,圣言会从本笃会手中接管了北平辅仁大学,輔仁大學於1963年在台復校,聖言會也助力甚多。在此之前,北平辅仁大学附設中學已先於1961年由聖言會在嘉義市獨立復校。

國共內戰後,聖言會在中國大陸的會士大多移往台灣,並以台北、嘉義兩地為主要據點。1954年,陽谷主教牛會卿被任命为嘉義监牧;北平總主教田耕莘樞機也在1960年至1966年間擔任台北總教區署理主教。

1970年,甘伯德神父到香港創辦聖言中學。

至2006年止,圣言会的会士有6,102人,分布在67个国家。
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Word (Latin: Societas Verbi Divini, referred to as SVD; in English: Divine Word Missionaries) is an international Catholic missionary. In 1875 by Father Arnold Janssen (Arnold Janssen) was founded.[Edit] historyOn April 20, 1879, the first missionaries in An Zhitai (Johann Baptist Anzer,1851 year-in 1903, Germany nationality) and furuose (Josef-Freinademetz,1852 year in 1908, Austrian nationality) arrived in Hong Kong. Studied Chinese for some time later, in 1882 to Yanggu County in the south slope of the Hill satosho since 1885, is responsible for the newly formed Shandong South border parishes, the diocese's border, including half of the Shandong Province: Caozhou mansion, mansion, yizhou Prefecture and a surname of Jining Yanzhou State. Long time, JI priests were unable to missionary work in the region. Satosho over more than 100 members of almost all members of the Protestant. However, wealth to the aggressive Word will overcome all resistance, was finally opened in the region. In Caozhou after lesson plan, Cathedral to be built in Yanzhou, Tainan, and extend near to Qingdao 4 counties. In 1900, father furuose was elected as President of the province; he is near the home village of Jining established a provincial capital of the word. In 1949, the Word 5 created a diocese-the Diocese of Yanzhou, Shandong province, Qingdao parish (1925), Diocese of Yanggu (1933, Chinese Bishop), Diocese of Caozhou (1934) and the Diocese of yizhou (1937 from the Diocese of Qingdao cons) has 200,000 members. In addition, the word in other provinces also started to establish a pastoral area of xinyang, China (1923), the new Xiang Director-pastoral region (1936), Xining prison pastoral (1937), and took over from the Notre Dame Sacred Heart pastoral area of Lanzhou (1923), and Xinjiang prison pastoral (1930).In 1933, Saint Benedict will take over the Peking Fu Jen Catholic University, Fu Jen Catholic University in 1963 in school, Word will also help very much. Until then, Peking Fu Jen Catholic University high school was first founded in 1961 by divine word missionary in Chiayi City independent school.After the civil war, Holy Word in most of China moved to Taiwan, and Taipei, Chiayi as their main stronghold between the two places. In 1954, Yanggu Niu Huiqing of the Bishop was appointed in Chiayi prison-animal husbandry; total of Peking Bishop Thomas Tien Ken-Sin cardinal in 1960 to 1966 served as Taipei always acting Bishop of the diocese.In 1970, Gan Bode priests to start Sing Yin secondary school in Hong Kong.Until 2006, Word 6,102 people, located in 67 countries.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Divine World Missionaries is an international Catholic missionary order established in 1875 by Father Arnold Janssen. In 1899, he also established a women’s order called the “Holy Spirit Sisters” which worked in conjunction with the Divine Word Missionaries to undertake missionary work.
    The Divine World Missionaries was the first international order established in Germany with the express purpose of carrying out missionary work overseas and now has 6,000 members engaged in spreading the Gospel, education and social services work in 58 countries. In 1879, two priests were sent as missionaries to China and starting their work in Shandong (山東) Province, later expanding to into Gansu (甘肅) and Henan (河南) provinces, so that by 1950 the church had 354 members in 10 Missions in China. Others priests were sent by the Divine World Missionaries to work in Africa, Australia, Latin America, as well as Japan and the Philippines in Asia.

After the Divine World Missionaries arrived in Taiwan in 1954, it focused on two areas; 1) Missionary work in the Chiayi (嘉義) and Alishan (阿里山) areas; 2) Promoting the reestablishment of Fu Jen (輔仁) University in Taiwan and management of its Colleges of Science and Technology, Human Ecology and Foreign Languages. In addition, the church also engaged in pastoral work in parishes, among adult workers, migrant workers and in prisons.

Its multi-racial membership and services delivered in different languages are defining characteristics of the Divine World Missionaries. In 1946, church member Thamos Tien Kensin (田耕莘) was appointed Cardinal by Pope Pious XII, the first Taiwanese to receive that honor. In 2007, another member John Hung Shanchuan (洪山川) was the first Taiwanese to be appointed to the position of Archbishop.

The Divine World Missionaries in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan belong to the same church province. Although the church was not given permission to officially establish in China and as such has no groups there, it still considers the three areas to constitute one church province.

http://www.catholic.org.tw/taipei/chi/archbishop/4/

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Thank you, Wolfie. We don't often agree inside the Religion forum, but when we do, we do. :)

Yes. Why?

This lie has already been addressed in this thread.

I've read the Koran several times. I like it a lot. I also lost count of how many times the text of the Koran references the Bible and outright directs Moslems to read the Bible. Why Moslems remain ignorant of the Bible despite being directed by Allah to read it, completely baffles me. :confused:

13. aikiMac

The trinity is not, and never was, setting up partners with God. You can pull out Bible verses about there being only one God until you're blue in the face, and a Christian will absolutely 100% agree with every one of them, because none of those verses conflict with the Christian version of the trinity.

You're making a strawman argument, Zak. That's when you construct something false and silly that the other side does not believe, and then you defeat it. :dunno: That's not a conversation.

No, not quite. VampyreGirl alleged that the trinity doctrine was not part of the original Christianity. We took issue with that claim.

14. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Just a clarification. You're spelling is wrong.

15. aikiMac

I think there are two English spellings: Moslem, Muslim.
    And Koran, Quran, Qu'ran.

Whatever, point clarified.

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Nope just the one. And you're wrong.

17. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Him and half the Internet, seems like. :p

18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Okay massive unbroken block of text. Virtually impossible to read. If this was ever true then it was well out of date in the 1980's. Nobody ever told me not to read the Bible or that I couldn't own one.

http://catholiccitizenamerica.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/catholics-not-allowed-to-read-bible.html

EDIT: What I do remember hearing at one time was the Catholic church insisted on the use of Latin. All Bibles had to be printed in Latin and anybody reading them had to be able to read Latin. Mass also had to be said in Latin and it still is in the Vatican.

19. Ben Gash CLF

It's an archaic romanisation, it's not wrong in and of itself, it does make you seem a little old fashioned though.

20. aikiMac

In my defense, the link which you offered has both spellings. :)

And YouKnowWho, I appreciate that you gave an English translation, but do keep in mind that English translations are required by the TOS. (It would probably be better to skip the Chinese next time, as your post as a whole is hard to read.)

My spelling is wrong. Hmm. Something about that is funny to me! :D