Why dont my katas look like their katas?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by kenpodragon, Oct 20, 2007.

1. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

1. He is talking about Kempo right? Every Kempo person ever talked to like to say that they come from the Chinese system not the karate. Have no ideal why!

2. This is not me trying to call you a name, but that is the longest boring dang thing I ever tried to watch. I hope you are not the power point karate guy on there.

3. Every person knows that the movement are even faster in Japan than else where. Along with that they believe in to reduce the circle of movement to make it faster.

4. The point of focus is more something a Karate system probably needs to hear. This bunkia thing, I personally think is pure crap. Why, there are almost no reality based practices that develop reality based drills that help them in fighting. That even means fighting in there own tournament, let alone when they face someone from some other system.

2. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

umm.. what do the words japanese karate mean to you. but mainland japan's main original styles of karate were created by students of the three okinawan main RyuKyu Kempo teachers.

no, i'm not him. um... if you found it boring, is it my fault? i personally found it interesting, all i'm trying to do is help the person who asked the question.

this guys trained in Australia, America and Japan for no less than five years at a time.
    this last point makes no sence, it seems to me as though you trying to make an anti-other style attack toward me. why?

3. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Whats wrong with " no your video didn't help" ?

4. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

If he just said that, without explanation, wouldn't it have been more insulting?

5. nready

All right this is meant, as constructive involvement with the issue. I should say that I use to train in Goju and a style named Hayashi Ha Karate. I say the thing about bunkia because what karate thinks is advanced is bunkia. Which just to inform you the style of martial art that I went on to study, did not even give a second thought to when or what time this specific application was taught. Karate on the other hand you can only learn this application when you are a first degree or whatever. It is this philosophy that is holding karate in stagnation.

The thing that I did like about karate is the taking this from the forms and practice again and again. That is also the bad part. Learning to read your opponent is more important.

I did not even mean that the video did not help. The people that have never heard such a thing will get something from it. It still is about how karate needs to change its applied function or application. The guy asking this is Kempo he will be like what does this relate to, that is all I am saying.

6. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Ahhh, ok, thanks for clearing that up, i actually get what you were meaning now. It's completely different to what i thought you were saying. i was merely trying to express the importance of kata, to be taught properly.

but whereas your dojo may have only taught bunkai to advanced students mine does not, but thats not relevant.

7. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

nice siggie

8. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

thanx why the butcher anyway

9. KempoFist

Because you treat the English language the way a butcher treats a piece of sirloin.

10. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

sirloin?

sirloin?
    Er', How do you think he cooks it/eats it?
    LOL!!!!!!!! ;)

11. KempoFist

I see gorinnosho lightly marinating the english language with robust garlic steak sauce for 4 hours, then placing it into a preheated oven at 400º. While the vocabulary is marinating, he whips the grammar and various dialects into a frappé, that he will drape over the mashed potatoes. I don't know him that well, but I believe he will top off the dish with just a bit of garnish, perhaps a basil leaf if he's Italian.

12. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

No. That is too fancy.

Mongo take steak. Mongo eat steak. Mongo like steak.

13. KempoFist

He's foreign, not a neanderthal!! Have some respect for those from lesser countries!

14. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

lol My god, I'm not even offended by that. It's just so funny. LOL!!

15. nready

The bunki thing is from the Goju ryu school under uhm, can not remember it has been some time. That is why I quite karate for some time, but went onto styles like IMA and several other Chinese systems. The thing is I still practice the forms of Goju, just realized some people that teach are into things that are not what I want.

Hayashi Ha Shiito ryu does thing different.

16. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Yeah, my Dojo does things differently. On a serious note, KempoDragon, If possible go visit other dojos of this tracey network, and speak to the sensei there about it, or simply ask your own.

17. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Please KempoFist. Have some more respect for those " lesser" coutries, Specially when they're not actually inferior to your own.

18. KempoFist

Country that's as important as the US??? .....you're not making any sense.

19. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

:D to Right, but were not "lesser" countries. *shakes fist at gough whitlam*

20. Axelton

Axelton Valued Member

Welcome to planet America. *(%4#6 YEAH!