Why do liberals justify Islam

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ronki23, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

I'm not talking about ALL of Islam but I'm talking about the Sunni Muslims. Liberals justify it when acid is thrown in the face of women for not covering their heads or when people are killed for depicting Muhammad. In countries with Wahabbi Islam there is no freedom of religion and the punishment for apostasy is death. The major terrorist groups are Sunni:

Taliban is Deobandi,
    Al Qaeda is Qutbi,
    ISIS is Salafi

And no Muslims have no legitimate grievances when it comes to the Middle East. Saddam was a tyrant who murdered thousands during the Al Anfal campaign and that's proof there were WMDs in Iraq. Even Bashar al-Assad is gassing civilians. And no, when it comes to Israel Muslims have no right to protest because Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait kicked out their Palestinians so it's hypocrisy. In fact, Muslims were in part responsible for Israel's creation when they kicked out their native Jews after the 1948 Israel-Palestine war.

I'm not justifying Israel's encroachment upon Palestinian territory as the Irgun were a terrorist organisation who exceeded White Paper Quotas and were responsible for the King David Bombing. But it's double standards when liberals label the Zionists as evil but the likes of Hamas are seen as freedom fighters.

Also I like Sufi and Ahmadi Muslims.

Anyway, watch the video

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

They do? Who's ever said that?

US intelligence services helped Saddam rise to power, and continued to support him while he was our guy in the region fighting Iran.

Have you got a link showing proof of Saddam's WMD's?

Smaug97 likes this.
  3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I likes me some Christopher Hitchens (in parts) but he's not exactly saying much about the left and Islam these days.

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

what kind of nonsense is that.

i wish i could speak for all "liberals", but for me: violence in the name of any religion is bad; i don't want to live in a theocracy; but, i'm willing to respect someone's religion and let them live their own life in their own way; it's a problem, though, when the religious petition the government and write laws that affect everyone based on the writers' religion.

you probably don't know this, but it wasn't that long ago that women in italy could not be in public without a head covering, and....could not be caught in the horse carriage of a man not their father or husband. just sayin'. hmmm, i wonder what religion we would find in italy in the 17th century....could it be zoroastrianism, or something else...i wonder....

forget the 17th century, my wife has been scolded in a greek church for not wearing a head-covering. granted it wasn't the big city, it was a farming town where my parents are from. ya, that was the last time we went to church in greece.

5. David Harrison

I had to really stop myself laughing out loud when visiting a rural Greek church. The women in the tour group were given this talk about how they mustn't go into the sanctuary under any circumstances, they had to cover up, couldn't enter if they were on their period etc... then we went in and there was an old woman cleaning the sanctuary. I guess God can make allowances when it comes to housework :D

Dead_pool and Giovanni like this.
  6. David Harrison

Yes, he's up in heaven now :D

7. Lennon

Lennon Member

Hitchens, Sam Harris and the other Horsemen criticise most/all religion.

It does not make them anti Liberal or anti left wing as MOST you tube video titles paint them. You always see "Chris Hitchens destroys stupid liberal's ideas blah blah blah".

If you read ANY literature written by the Four Horsemen (Harris, Dennett, Hitch and Dawkins) it's obvious they are very liberal (in the traditional sense). They probably have some conservative views yes, as do most people. Very few people are 100% Left or Right. You shouldn't want to be either. You should always keep some space open or temporary for changes in times.

YouTube, for the most part, is a TERRIBLE place to learn about peoples view and opinions unless they are coming from the horses mouth (literally in this case) and by that I mean posted by their channels not selectively chosen phrases and interviews sewn together by some disillusioned prick with an agenda.

RANT OVER.

pgsmith, Dead_pool and David Harrison like this.
  8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Why do right wing trolls create stupid straw men?

pgsmith and Dead_pool like this.
  9. David Harrison

Reactionary politics needs things to react against...

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Thread closed. I will remind people of our TOS.

Dead_pool likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.