why are you on the map forum

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tai-gip, Sep 3, 2003.

1. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

I assume we all have an interest in martial arts but what do you hope to get from the time you spend here
    I want to learn and teach (when i learn to turn the incomprehensive comprehensive)

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I don't hope to get - I strive to give :D

3. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

your givng me something alright yoda:p :D
    but seriously yes ive read your post and your always helping someone

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I first came here as something to do and to collect information. Over time it became an experience that taught me a lot about myself and about other people. :)
    Sorry, that's very sickly. There's such a thing as going too far. I'm also here for the heck of it. :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Re: .

Take two Aspirin and call me in the morning :D

LOL!

6. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

As for me, I'm just here to see whats going on with you guys. See what's being discussed, and if I can help in the discussion I do so.....And to just start interesting discussions my self. I'm just here for the heck of it.....I love this site, and the people here are cool. Also a lot of interesting discussions...hmmm I guess thats all

7. Adam

Adam New Member

I'm on MAP to pick up hot chicks!

So far, my success has been limited.

8. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I'm here to learn, to meet like-minded people, and to share my humble opinions. When I have enough knowledge to give back, I'll do that, too.

9. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Adam you will always fail as long as i am here to take them all. Bahahahahhaa

10. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I came here because Jack emailed me and said that he had a web site with a martial arts forum and was looking for some people to join and give their throughs. So i looked around a started talking to Mel, Jack (Cooler), and Ghost and thought the site would be a cool place to hang out on the net. I say here in hopes i will get to talk to more great people and to do what i can to help starting martial artist stay with the MA

11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I'm here to talk about one of my 3 most favorite topics, to wit, martial arts, with people who share my extreme enthusiasm for m.a. broadly and aikido specifically. I'm here to meet other people who love the martial arts. I hope to make a new friend or 2 or 12. I believe that everyone gains from honest and friendly conversations, so I'm here to learn more about m.a. from other students and to offer my knowledge and friendship in exchange. My long term dream is to get paid to teach martial arts, so the more I can learn, and the more I can surround myself with enthusiastic practitioners, the better off I'll be.

12. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Oh, I'm also here to meet Kinjiro Tsukasa.

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm here because nobody else will put up with me! ;)

14. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I'm right here, Knight, anytime you want -- you know my e-mail address. Talk to me, luv.

Oh, and did I mention what a great bunch of people are on this forum?

15. darlph

darlph New Member

I have found it is one of the few places that has a semblence of continuity in the martial arts. And real mods. The members are real and not trying to b.s anyone. You need help with something, everyone pitches in if they can. you need to vent, it helps you to release it and you have the support of others who have been there and will help you to reason it out or just plain make you laugh with their stories. They accept you as you are, whatever stye, age, degree.
    And the biggest and best of it. They haven't disappeared off the face of the earth like so many others have:)

16. Jim

Jim New Member

I can't remember why I came here in the first place, but I stay because I'm obsessive/compulsive....

17. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I discovered MAP by accident - found the likes of Cooler, Chazz, Andy Murray and then brought some friends over from other forums and then slowly but surely got lured in by the sensible conversation on here...kinda been stuck here ever since...:)

18. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Since joining MAP i have learned a hell of a lot. I hope to continue to learn & if i can pass on any knowledge or help anybody that would be an honour & a pleasure!:) :)

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Why am I still on it?

Because I enjoy the discussion, and its a good way to pass time at work ;)

Also to learn, but you don't always learn what you expect to!

20. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I am at MAP coz its the best forum I've found on the web. Also passes time at work as PGM says.