Why are you here?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by CriticalDog, May 1, 2014.

1. CriticalDog

CriticalDog Valued Member

So, I regularly see folks apparently viewing the Kuk Sool forum.

But new threads are few and far between. Why is this?

Are you afraid to discuss things that could become "political"?

Are you just looking for stuff that's already been answered?

I come here to check to see if there is anything new happening in the KS world. Sadly, there never seems to be much here that's new.

Is there another place folks are going to get their Kuk Sool news and discussion? It know it's not the KukSoolWon subreddit, as I'm a mod there and that place is DEAD. lol

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I came here to check this thread. Wasn't disappointed :D

3. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Just passing by, nothing to see here.

4. CriticalDog

You guys are killing me! lol

But seriously... 99 views, 2 comments. Both of those half joking.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well the thing is that the art is very much in unison. Everybody is doing the same thing and there aren't many disagreements. If you look at the MMA sub forum you'll see we're much the same. Everybody just agreeing with each other, not much to argue about :/

6. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Whats up CD? Yea most everyone has gone to facebook groups for discussions. Since alot of them had gotten banned from MAP. But if there's something you'd like to discuss there's some that still check in periodically. @Chadderz the art is anything but in unison, with many splinter groups formed after the shakeup, but the rhetoric has mellowed a bit.

7. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

For me, I come here to see what happening in Kuk Sool...I'm in a location that does not have a WKSA school, so I cling to any Kuk Sool info I can. I equally lurk Facebook, twitter, pinterest etc for the same. I post when I can contribute, but given my situation, that isn't often.

As for Kuk Sool Unity, Obewan said it best. Within the WKSA, things couldn't be better...new schools opening up all over the world, promotions going strong at all grade levels and unity of technique and forms is stronger than ever thanks to Kuk Sa Nym and all the masters participation in Continuing Education Programs.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. CriticalDog

Ah, I hadn't even thought of checking Facebook. I follow Dunkirk KSW, due to their closeness, but I wasn't sure about any other Kuk Sool related facebook pages.

Thanks for the input though, I wasn't aware so many folks had been banned. Man. Kinda scary, to be honest, but it's bound to happen. There is a lot of passion on both sides on the Won-non-Won thing. :)

9. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

no time. plus a difference in opinion with what is valued in our practice. i happen to think flashy kicks, palm strikes, joint-locks, forms and bottle breaks are pretty cool. most people dont these days.

10. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

No way those are all cool SK.

11. Clover

Clover New Member

I arranged a taster session for Kuk Sool and was trying to find out more information before attending the taster session next week. Hope this is ok

12. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I didn't think disagreement was allowed in KSW. Makes it hard to have discussions about it.

13. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I stop in once in a while. I like the technical threads because of the similarities to Hapkido and I like the political threads because of my interest in GM In Sun Seo.

14. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

To chew bubblegum and take names, and I'm all out of names.

15. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

If you have questions, please ask. I don't think you'll be disappointed, unless you are looking for a ground art like Jiu Jitsu...

16. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

What is kuk sool?

17. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

That's a good 1st question.

Here is my 2nd question, "Why can't we just discuss MA in general?"

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

19. Clover

Clover New Member

This is probably a stupid question but will Kuk Sool won improve my fitness? I was in dance for years will this be a problem? Not really a martial art person having never really done any apart from jujitsu years ago.

20. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I would think about any martial art (with the right teacher) could help in fitness. And my daughter was in dance before martial arts, she is a "natural" in martial arts (came after her decade of dance)