Why are 99% of Martial Art School Websites So Bad?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Aries2k, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

You came up third when I searched for self defense Wycombe. Good job!!

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Exactly.

If they are going by hearsay, fable, or beliefs (*like looking for something labeled "Shaolin"), they will search for such.

Then with contact info, they are on their way

3. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

That may be because in (British) English it's spelled defence so very few other local providers have used defense. :) While I use the word defence in all the text of the site I have the word defense in other elements (for example picture descriptions) as while my clubs are based in GB people all over the world read the articles, books and blog.

4. Aries2k

Aries2k New Member

I think that issue is down to having a family friend / 8 yr old nephew - design the site for them with no real business strategy in mind.

This issue is industry agnostic. People want cheap and get a mess that damages them more than helps :confused:

5. Aries2k

Aries2k New Member

I totally agree on the post-deployment.

I have a friend in the Kickboxing field and she is having a nightmare trying to get a hold of her designer to fix small things.

6. Aries2k

Aries2k New Member

Do you reckon instructors would see the value in a well designed one page site, that gave all the info in one place, a way to contact and social media channels?

Enough to pay for it?

7. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Some would im sure but they would likely be the larger more comercial clubs, small clubs might struggle to pay anything. It's just not an industry that has a lot of spare cash, that said I'm not an instructor and have never run a club so I may be wrong.

It would largely depend on how much it cost of course but I think the overheads of renting a space, updating equipment, insurance etc leave very little free cash to put toward web design. A chain of clubs, commercial clubs and full time profit making instructors may well be willing to invest.

8. mark linu

mark linu Valued Member

dear friend, i am a newbie int his Forum and I have not yet search any martialarts school in website. But, I want to learn and know from this from because, I know that it is so much helpful for the person interested in martialarts.

9. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I've learned that you can't just a school by it's website. Most schools don't have the money to hire a webmaster and pay someone to design. There's a great real, jiu jitsu school in my area that I am going to check out. Their website doesn't look like much or offer much and it hasn't been updated in two or three years. This doesn't mean a thing to me. I know they're legit and they update their FB page regularly. This all comes down to that old saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover". Go check out the school and see if they offer something that works for you.

10. Gimpy

Gimpy New Member

Exactly, the dojo run by someone who live of martial art are usually better done because it's there only income.