Wht material is appropreate for yellow belt?

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by selfdefensepath, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I'd be impressed if someone could actually read the training application without setting their eyeballs on fire. I'm contemplating incinerating mine just from this post alone.

What system was your father a 10th degree in again?

Comedy gold.

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Can we lock this one up?

3. selfdefensepath

selfdefensepath Banned Banned

yea have you ever stayed up reading to late, and tried to keep goin, I did. And with a cuncussion once, I persevered I stayed on task, I completed reading hundreds of books after working long hours in a kitchen, and slowly as I started to read faster and faster and later and later all the words blurred together, when I read ,and its not fun. And Its not your fault I lost a daughter, you didnt know that, so dont worry about it because you shouldnt.

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Did that for many many years. All it got me was a pair of reading glasses as I got older. I find it odd a doctor would say that's where your dyslexia came from since there is no known origin.

6. selfdefensepath

Thats precisley it my friend very very good. Finely something smart, I almost think you could be a martial artist.

7. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Yes you do have to do that thing in order to coach it. Do you have had to do it at a pro level in order to coach at that level? Nope. Famous NHL coach scotty bowman only made it to the minor leagues of hockey himself before he was kicked out by a severe head injury. Yet he coached at the very top, the NHL, and is one of the best ever.

But the point is, he played hockey. and as kuma pointed out you seemed to have trained 15 years but not in grappling. how you gonna dvelop a sytem and teach something you dont have experience in? I'd say you should train in it first. Then your cross training in other arts would prove useful, what do you say?

Degree or diploma? Cause up here you get a diploma in library studies, not a degree. Its different. I know cause i did research when i was considering doing it.

I was wondering when Kuma was going to break out the bears. :)

8. selfdefensepath

I disagree with you blade, great coaches dont have to have played the game. And there are a thousand good examples. Coach yourself mentally to be better, in martial arts and in everything. You need to stop believeing that good athletes come from even better athletes.

9. selfdefensepath

the bear on bottom is dying of heat stroke.

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

They don't need to have necessarily played the game but they need to understand the game. I don't have the first clue about how to play polo so in that case I have no business trying to develop strategies and theories on how to play better polo.

11. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Can I have some examples? Never heard of a great coach who's never done it themselves. This sounds interesting :)

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Thread wasteland people. Say goodnight.

Selfdefensepath...
    you're not long for these forums if you don't grow some thicker skin and stop posting asinine threads that thinly veiled personal attacks. Mark my words.:bang:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.