Wht material is appropreate for yellow belt?

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by selfdefensepath, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Implementing Judo has seemed to work for the US military for several decades now. Is military combatives not for combat now?

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Which just further proves that he should take the time to actually learn a system before attempting to borrow techniques from it.

3. selfdefensepath

selfdefensepath Banned Banned

Hey Dean whats up? Thanks for the reply. I wasnt aware that jui-jitsu was more than one system, I knew that there was more than one type of Jui-jitsu. Im of course not looking for a belt per say lol. It's my understanding that in Brazillian Jui-jitsu belts are awarded based on your time spent training overall and not based on wrather you can pass specific test material. So let me make another point, here are some basic juijitsu positions I know, Guard, Quarter Guard, Half Guard, Side control, Twister Side Control, North South, mount, Rear mount, ok theres my list and heres my point, in a tournament style you would need to know alot of joint locks, for shoulders elbows, knees and ankles also about fifty head locks, neck cranks and chokes, well Im not investing in tournament juijitsu Im gathering material for a combat system. If I were in a top mounted position in the street I would not go for the KImora (lol) first, I would gouge out your eye, rising palm heel your chin and punch you in the nose before I broke your arm with a arm bar, kimora or Americana. Im just somebody looking for some suplimentary Jui-jitsu to add to some skills I alreday have and any technical imput from grapplers is very welcome. Ty

4. selfdefensepath

Maybe you didnt read the part where Ive been studying martial arts for about fifteen years lol but your advice is certainly valid if I intended to teach grappleing any time soon. Heres an analogy all the classic style guys get really mad about every time. Lets say your a foot ball coach, and lets say youve coached several players into college or better, does it mean that you have to of played football at that level yourself or even ever played foot ball outside of highschool, no certainly not, and in America thats the way we do things, its called kick ass and take names lols. Im not blind to safety, Ive competed a hundred times, lead countless practices, and competed dozens of times contact and no contact, sports related injuries are very serious and peoples children are not toys to play Karate instructor with, I know that deal. Im thankful for your concern and perhaps my origional thread wasnt as professional sounding as it should have been, I sorta played down my experience in order to be humble, and it was late lol. Anyway ty.

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You have other issues if you want to do such a thing as a profession.

One - is your professionalism in writing. You said your wife is an english teacher, don't post or write any business proposition or advertisement without consulting her. Your english skills are enough to turn me off from even wanting to hear what you have to say regardless of what you think your experiences are.

Two - I'm not going to train with you unless I see certifications. You mention you want to mix martial arts with fitness to help better society in your own way. Well, things I look for are certifications from ESTABLISHED associations. What belt rank do you hold in BJJ, what boxing association has approved of your teaching, what karate association has given you a black belt. And as far as fitness goes . . . . ACE, NSCA . . . . what? Why would I just listen to you when there are people that are truly professionals who have the credentials to back it up?

Three - And this is more personal for you. You need to have some business experience or education. You need to know the demand in your area for this and have some marketing skills or the funds for a marketing staff. This stuff doesn't just happen.

Four - On top of having credentials from ESTABLISHED certification processes, I as a consumer of your product would like to see a list of how you have used your product and found it to work. I would also like to see organizations that approve of your methods.

Your pitch right now is "I'm pretty bad ass, come train with me." Pfffffffffffffftttttt.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  6. selfdefensepath

Ero dude all your doing is showing how unprofessional you really really are, pop in your head that Im not out to instruct BJJ tomorrow or anytime in the near future which Ive done told you ten different times already, and not only is my wife a library arts teacher she has been for twenty years, and Im friends with lots of professionals and others who are also EDUCATORS, do you know what that means would you like to get the picture young man. You havent talked Martial arts once, you do how ever seem to pick on my disability of dislexia very very well, dont worry about my english son, just talk business if thats what your all about (hammers to primers, HUH.). Get it into the plus and minus of inches when it comes the correct form for punches kicks and stances, talk foot work and torkin punches talk about conquering fear in fight or flight mode and how to act in a split second. Your an internet dood, and not a very good one, and your sure not a teacher by personality no shut up or put up.

7. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If you're mounted on top of your opponent how are you going to land a rising strike on them?

Also if you did do all of that most likely you would be facing criminal charges for excessive force.

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

A lot of us here on MAP have trained just as long or longer. Your experience with one aspect of fighting doesn't necessarily carry over to a different aspect quite so easily. Especially when they're striking and grappling.

That's not really a good analogy to use for this situation. Since you have no grappling experience whatsoever you can't even have claimed to play football in high school. You're a soccer player thinking you can coach football.

So have you competed 100 times or dozens or times?

9. Ero-Sennin

How am I to know you have a disability? If I had one and I was posting I would definitely mention it as to not get blasted by how much I suck at writing on a website in which that is the way to communicate with each other. There are standards and rules to it for a reason. I doubt you're dyslexic though, but who am I to judge over the internet. Try and find the the Enter key every once in a while hmm? To make paragraphs.

All your friends and people you know who are all great at what they do have nothing to do with you or your professionalism. This is not my thread, nor have I stated that I wish to present any sort of professionalism in it. Nothing is on me, it's all on you and you can't go around criticizing others for criticizing you (which you asked for) in the way you're doing it. You can, but it doesn't help anyone have a lick of respect for you. You don't know a thing about me yet you've drawn all sorts of conclusions about how I'm an internet warrior. Sure man, cool. I'm not even going to entertain you with the things I've done in my life to try and back up any position I may have or rebuttal to your comments. At least I don't make statements about things I can't provide any information for, am considerate of others when they post in my threads and try not to be overly offensive or critical of anyone posting in them regardless of what they're saying. I most certainly don't go down the "well you're stupid son, grow up" when I'm clearly in the wrong :roll eyes:.

Thanks for quoting my Sig though. It's a verse in a song from a group called 4th25 from the album Live From Iraq. I think it's pretty darn cool and you can judge my epic internet warrior skills off of it.

I think you're full of crap though, and there isn't really a need to post too much on why anymore. Hopefully for you're sake you really are a bad ass, and not the failure you're projecting yourself to be.

I've never heard of library arts before though.

10. selfdefensepath

Dood I played a lot of ball in my days cuz. And if you think I didnt your wrong buddy. Im wondering if you get enough sleep at night, maybe thats why your so grouchy. Anyway dood please just act normal and talk about Karate or something. In fact if you cant understand how to deliver a rising palm heel to your attacker from top mount let me help you Son then Ill be proud to call you Son. First, from your attackers guard, place your body down low next to his, its easy just put it down there and pull your arms in close to your face so he cant choke, hit or gouge out your eye balls, Now with all the arm back and shoulder muscle you have my boy drive the palm of your hand into his chin, he might make some funny sounds after a pop like that to the ol chops my boy, he may even spit part of his toung or teeth out at you if hes still concious, or he might start to make a chokeing sound if he swallows them while un concious, dont worry because you have other pressing engagements at that time, now pass his guard into full mount, you will notice that after you punch him in the face like two or three more times its much easier to break his arm in an arm bar for one example. Now that was your free lesson for today, im selfdefensepath101 TY. kk

11. Ero-Sennin

Dooooooooood, Kuma. I can't believe that detailed and knowledgable information was just given to you for free! What a lucky guy! How can I become his son as well, so I can learn all this crazy stuff and become super deadly!

12. selfdefensepath

Ero dood, I wish we had gotten off to a better start but you actually fired the first shot, dood no buddy at here whos older and been training for any great length of tome really listens to what you write and feels good about it, your actually really emotionally handicapped and its obvious you havent over come that callous part of your own heart. In my system if you acted like that you would get the cold shoulder from all the instructors somewhere around blue belt and I wouldnt let you pass a test until you changed your attitude tword newbies, you cant deserve respect in my system with that attitude, its my family way ya see. Now if you wanna start over and have an adult discussion about Karate Ill take you off the ban list for tonight, but dont post disrespectful stuff anymore dood, Im old and dont wanna get into a ****in match ok. And my illness is fairly recent if you must must hafta know, Ive had it for hell maybe seven years now, Dr, say it came from reading and writing to much and perhaps some other head trauma, so just get off it dood.

13. selfdefensepath

LOL. Ero my Son, I write this to you in hopes that it will not only serve you well on the battle field but also that it will impart to you some joy as a man. Its called the Tsunami to rip tide, First you must slip the Jab and land a knock out right hook, after attacker is out drag himm on top of a coke machine or table which ever is handiest and easiest for you, then stand him up and hip toss him onto his head (tsunami) Hes going to try and do the herky jerky after that because you split his damn wig, it should **** you off a little so immeadeatly Kimora him till his shoulder is dislocated,(rip tide) now you see my Son. Go and make me proud. Im Selfdefensepat101 KK, ty.

14. Ero-Sennin

I'm sorry too. I'm a little disappointed in myself that I have posted in this thread. It entertains me only because you're so easy to bash on, on top of any of the bashing having a 99% chance of being legitimate and called for by myself or others. Engaging in such an activity is making me feel like I am superior to you, in my writing skills, logic, and just about everything else.

I guess it sort of makes me feel better about myself. Sort of like if you're an ugly chick who makes sure she hangs around even more ugly chicks because they make her look good. I don't like to do that sort of thing, even though I'm a pretty ugly chick you know. It's about what is on the inside that counts. So again, I'm sorry too.

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I think he meant literary arts funnily enough. For claiming to be married to someone for so long yet have no idea what they do is poor form on his part. That'd be like me claiming my wife's master's is in psychic research instead of psychiatric.

16. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

"I caught dyslexia from writing and reading too much."
    Doooooood, don't stop. This is hilarious.

17. selfdefensepath

Well my wife is a librian and does have a degree in it and we have only been married about a year now and we just had our first daughter. And your both about to go back on the Ban list for being un pop u lure get it, do you want me to send you boys to your rooms I kinsay I will and you know it.

18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

At night Kuma doesn't sleep. Kuma waits.

Wish I could get a refund on free.

19. selfdefensepath

Dood my eyes are my eyes, and if you had as many hours with your head in a damn book as I have your eyes would be strained as well. And on top of it I lost a child and also suffered a couple concussions. I took you off the ban list Kuka jukka to see if you were ready to be a good thunder monkey or not.

20. selfdefensepath

Im really not to entertained as a martial artist buy all this ya know man, I mean If I was a thug or a punk or maybe five I would laugh at your humor but as it is its kinda streetish and not really very martial artist. Im about to put you guys back in your cage if you dont humor dad soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.