Who's going to SENI this year?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Taffyleigh, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Just wondering who's going, i should be there for the Saturday, but its my daughters birthday party on the sunday, so won't be there for that. Our club will be having a stall there and doing some demonstrations in the classical section. Apparently Rob and Matt will be doing some gun disarming techniques for anybody interested. Marco should be doing some knife disarming techniques as well, plus there should be some multiple attacks thrown in aswell.

If you are up there on the saturday, come over to the stand and ask for Leigh or look for the short guy with glasses, be nice to meet some fellow mappers.

Should be a good day out, it was last year.

2. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Anybody else having a stand there or doing demonstrations?

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I might be heading there, depending on whats happening at the time.

4. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Might see you there, maybe we should make the tbd stand the meeting place for all mappers, could be a good get together.

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Not this year I'm afraid. Falls on the same weekend as the Dog Brothers European Gathering in Switzerland (plug, plug ;) ).

6. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Don't you just hate it when, two events you want to go to take place on the same weekend!!!

7. Freeform

Though Seni was guff last year. Even if I had the weekend free I might have thought of skipping it.

8. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I thought last year was ok, but i prefered it at the NEC, alot easier to get to and cheaper on parking, paid nearly £20 for a days parking at the excel !!!!!!

9. Freeform

Moving it to London was a big mistake IMHO. The area was smaller, there were less stalls/people/events.

I just get sick of this London-centric attitude that seems to dominate large events.

10. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

It is rather annoying for those who live further away, but for me London is the best. But I'd rather spend more money and time getting to a better event than go to one that isn't as good.
    When is it, anyway?

11. I agree. It was much smaller than the previous year. Many of the stalls I was looking forward to seeing just weren't there. The only way to get a map of the location of stalls was to buy a 5 pound program, which I think was slightly out of order. I won't be going this year. I might have done if it was still nearby in Birmingham.

12. Are there bigger/better events out there?

13. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

On thinking back, I'm going along with this post. Money and time are again issues, and I'd rather make a good stab at getting to the MAPMeet then give my money to SENI.

Birmingham NEC was better for me as well :)

Vimto... I think Reah was saying that if she was further away (like me) she'd rather pay more to go to the biggest like SENI than go to a lesser one.

14. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I was indeed. When is it this time?

15. Freeform

And there were no workshops, I liked the 45 min tasters.

It's the last weekend in April.

16. The MAP meet I went to was about 100 x better than Seni last year.

I would recommend everyone save their weekend for the MAP meet.

17. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It was great at the Nec. Does the London event have a fight night on the saturday like Pain & Glory?

18. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

If you go to SENI and skive off my Meet, you are in SO much trouble ;)

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, I'll stop doing YOUR WORK on here and get a job so I can get to your meet then, shall I? ;)

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Rubbish....i'm working the last weekend of April.

Why is it that whenever theres going to be a MAP meet (official/unofficial) i gotta work.
    This sucks.

I went to SENI last year and had fun. Saw couple of fights (in the ring). My mate was part of the Peacock Gym Boxing Demo and I bought a crap load of TapouT stuff.

Success :D

(pics of me at SENI on facebook)

I did avoid the scaggy looking women on the Cage Rage stall though. (no offense)