Whoops..

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Hatamoto, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Evening all.

Was doing my thing tonight working on reverse roundhouse kicks. I did some dynamic stretches and thought I was reasonably warmed up. When I did them off the right leg (naturally more flexible with the right leg coz I use it to kick more) I could do them pretty well, so I got cocky and tried for a high and fast one with the left leg without doing them slowly or low first.

A few kicks in I feel a sort of pop at my right hip. Nothing hurt at the time so I thought nothing of it, hoping it was just like cracking your knuckles or something, nice pop but no injury. However as the lesson wore on my leg got sore, from near the bottom of the glute to a couple of inches down the back of the leg. When I got home after training and started cooling down this has got worse and now I can barely walk on it without a limp that looks like I'm exaggerating lots.

Anyone know if stuff like tiger balm or some sort of gel might help ease it? Ibuprofen or something? It's only an inconvenience (and a bit of pain) far as I know, but I have tai chi on Saturday morning and want it to be not hurting enough that i can take part.

Be gentle, I know it was a very foolish mistake to make :$

2. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Be carefull where you apply tiger balm, I made the mistake of applying some to an inner thigh strain and spent a couple of hours trying to keep my 'ahem' boys from cooking. :)

I did something similar last year. rest for a few days until you can start to gently stretch and massage the area. Don't train if you can't walk without pain.

3. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Me too :| Holy crap I haven't panicked so much since I realised I was on the wrong train heading toward midnight and away from my house one night lol.

I was wrong as well, the pain is just at the bottom of the glute now, I'm ok to sit down unless I lean a bit lol. Thanks for the reply anyway :)