Whoa!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Korpy, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Hey everyone. I won my fight 31 seconds into the first round by guillotine choke! Let me break down what happened.

The bell rang, and we touched gloves. I start circling to the right, and I throw a leg kick known as a sepa. I then throw another one. He throws a jab, I block it, **** back my right hand, and he shoots in on me.

I successfully sprawl and stop his shot and get him in what's known as a power guillotine/modified guillotine with my right arm, which instead of grabbing the wrist, I grab my bicep. I stand back up with him still in the guillotine. I start extending my body to try to finish, and I feel him going out.

I'm so focused on finishing the choke, he picks me up and slams me and for a brief second, he has me in side control but he's still in the choke. I hold onto the choke with my right arm, putting my right hand on my stomach so I still have control. I use my left hand to push off his hips and I regain full guard. With my left hand, I grab my right wrist, turning it into a normal guillotine. I bring my right elbow down to my hip, turning my body as I do so.

It's really deep, and he can either pass out or tap out, and he chooses to tap. I am really excited and celebrate!

2. liero

liero Valued Member

Congratulations, undefeated still!

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Fantastic, well done.:woo:

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Good stuff! Well done!

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

But... but... where was the head kick?! :cry:

Congratulations buddy, keep up the good work (and the win streak!)

6. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Nice one mate, and well down for getting guard back to finish it:cool:

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Have you got any photographs of the fight?

8. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Great work, Korpy! Did anyone film it?

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Nobody got any photographs, but there are a few videos going around. I'll make sure I put one up this weekend.

Thanks guys!

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ROCK ON KORPY!!!

I know exactly the move you're on about. Being so focused you hardly realized he tries to slam his way out of it! Niiiiiiiiiiiice! :)

Expecting a vid soon!

11. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks Slip! :)

Thank goodness you understand. People were asking me "why did you let him slam you?". I kept responding "I was trying to choke him out!". :D

I promise a video!

12. slipthejab

if you look down at the tags for this thread I've added 'korpy-mma' tags! :p

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Nicely done! :p

My friend uploaded the fight onto her Facebook page, but I want to know how to get it onto Youtube so I can post it for everybody to see.

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

15. slipthejab

Yeah bro... peeped it! That was short and sweet. The slam was big air... but good that you had the choke going and were able to hold it! Quick quick!

Looking forward to more of this! WELL DONE!!!

16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks Slip! :)

Everyone told me that they were freaked when I got slammed, but it's not the first time I've caught big air, so I was not at all worried. It just added to the action of the fight!

17. slipthejab

Yeah definitely it does get the ooh's and ahh's from the crowd! You held tight through the slam and were able to get the choke so that was slick!

Did you sink the choke with both hands? Was it a proper guillotine?

18. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Yes, when I finished it was a proper guillotine. After he first shoots in and I sprawl, I catch him in what's called a power guillotine. You see Donald Cerrone use it alot. Instead of grabbing the wrist, you grab the bicep. After he slammed me, I already had my arm in deep, so I just regained my guard, and grabbed the wrist to finish.

It was very tight. Actually, probably the tightest guillotine that I've ever tapped someone with.

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

One word.

PWN'D!!!

Way to go Korpy :D

20. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks Van Zandt!