Who would you train with?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Artikon, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

I know this type of thread has been done before, but I thought it would be interesting to make one specific to TKD.

With all the interesting and knowledable folks here on MAP I was thinking of all the TKD folks on here who I'd be interested in training with. Really I'd be interested in training with anyone. Here's some folks who I'd really like to do some kicking with.

Thomas- Think it would be great to see how he incorporates his Hapkido training into his TKD training and work on Hosinsul.

KickChick- Mainly because different style of TKD, I'd be interested in seeing different execution and of course learning some of the Chang Hon patterns.

Neryo- Simply because I think many of our ideas are the same and I'd like to see some of the European sport training ideas, and get a good kicking workout in.

Yang, Dae Han- To see some of the experience and of course a chance to go to Korea and train ;)

Meh, that's a short list, but to be honest wherever I'm visiting if there's a MAP TKD person there, good chance I'll be phoning them up! ;)

What about yourselves?

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

As you said, i'd also be interested in training with different people, because it means gaining more experience. Sparring with different type of fighters is important, because at competitions you meet all sorts, but i'd be interested the most in training with people who go to competitions, you, Artikon, being one of them.

3. Stormrider

Stormrider Banned Banned

I'd be interested in training with Thomas, however that is more to compare how he incorporates hapkido with how we do it.:)

4. Kwondo

Kwondo 3rd Dan WTF Taekwondo

I Love to spar. So I would obviously like to train with others in the aspect more than anything else. So without naming others, I think in general I would spar people who are Heavy in training for sparring.

PLUS-
    I'm with WTF and I've never had the chance to spar with any ITF people before. I would really like to do that someday. Or you know spar with any Karate people... the works.

5. Lithanwif

Lithanwif Human Punchbag

I see an enormous line of all you guys, with me on the other shaking in my blown PU sparring gear.

Seriously though, I would happily train with anyone here, as Im sure I would learn something new from each and every one of you.

Even if it is dont leave my wallet lying around while training.

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Thomas because I like the hapkido/TKD connection.

7. bluekey88

bluekey88 whimsical in the brainpan

Personally, I'd love to train with any mapper's (tkd or no) just becuase training with different folks is a lot of fun. :)

In fact, if anybody finds themselves in teh Philadelphia area, drop me a PM and I'll set something up :)

peace,
    Erik

8. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

My submission to the thread!

Dear All,

Everyone has already stated my joy to train with new people, but a few really stick out!

Thomas and AndyCap...due to our many conversations we have had

Yang Dae-han...Always enjoy training with Korean Nationals

Neryo...just sounds like a neat fellow

TAEKWON!
    Spookey