who would you most like to train with

Discussion in 'Judo' started by warren, Jan 27, 2004.

1. warren

warren Valued Member

whilst i am an aiki ju jutsu man myself i ask the question in the judo section because if i could turn the clock back and train with anybody it would have to be kyuzo mifune,the reason first his size and biuld are very similar to my own,it is said that kano mastered the theory of judo but mifune mastered the techniques of judo,also he was undefeated and fought much bigger and stronger opponents,second would have to be sokaku takeda of daito ryu fame who was the premier martial artist of his day when it was for real himself standing at a mere 4'11,
    so past or present if you could train with anyone past or present who would it be and why.

2. saikyou

saikyou New Member

masahiko kimura and yasuhiro yama$hita. big guys(like me), they are very powerful and has a lot of techniques, very dangerous even in the ground, and both loves the o soto gari. :) i would also like to train with kosei inoue because i want to learn his trademark leg throw.(the one he did to nicolas gill. an uchi-mata type of throw)

p.s. got to use the dollar sign coz this forum censoring my post. you know what i mean.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  3. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

M Kimura and Mitsuo maeda.

4. jonsku

jonsku New Member

Well I would definitely like to learn Saigo Shiros legendary Yama Arashi, but I guess anyone of the tenth dans would be a great training partner.

jonsku

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Gene LeBell

6. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Well, of course, I would want to train with Dr. Kano. Dr. Kano was so small, he would be able to teach some valuable technique, apart from the strength-oriented judo we see in some cases today.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Kathy Long