Who would you like to train with?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by dianhsuhe, Nov 14, 2010.

1. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

I have been wanting to get out and train with Progressive Fighting Systems (Paul Vunak's style) but have others I would like to train with and limited cash.

Who do you want to train with?

I have a root style kempo and almost 20 years in but I wanted to get out and train with some of the cutting edge folks. Just seminars or long weekends or certifications. Never leaving my root system-

I have always been drawn to Vunak as well as Burton Richardson, also curious about Tony Blauer and other similar folks.

What about you?

2. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

If I could, Royce Gracie, Randy Couture, and Benny Uriquidez.

3. Ninjuries

Ninjuries The Man Who Genbukan Supporter

If there was ANY way, through use of some sci-fi translation ring and time-travel, it'd have to be as long as possible with Takamatsu Sensei.

It's VERY doubtful that as a fifth kyu in a curriculum he didn't establish I'd be able to make productive use out of his time, but it'd be fantastic to meet and experience the real 'old school' training from the man himself!

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Kelly McCann.

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

too many people to properly list, really :p

karate-wise: the top guys from the style i belong to (hayashi-ha ****o-ryu); takashi yamaguchi from JKS; andre bertel from asai-ha shotokan; mikio yahara from KWF; katsuhiko shinzato from shorin-ryu kishaba-juku; tsuguo sakumoto and grant campbell from ryuei-ryu; yasunori yonamine from ryubukai (ex-meibukan); masaaki ikemiyagi from meibukan; morio some other people that don't come to mind right now, and others who are now dead (teruo hayashi soke, tetsuhiko asai, taiji kase, masanobu shinjo, etc).

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Geoff Thompson and Peter Consterdine, Tony Blauer, a nice gentleman by the name of Dikzzzzz who frequents this forum, Joko Ninomiya (Enshin).

I hope to continue with jwt and Iain Abernethy, as well as my own Instructor and sensei.

Mitch

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

People that I haven't trained with but would like to, off the top of my head, include Masao Kagawa, Yoshitama Muneo, Hirokazu Kanazawa, Dave Hazard - all shotokan. I'd happily train with anyone from any art though, and do whenever I get the chance.

8. Aikidojomofo

Aikidojomofo Valued Member

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Erik Paulson

10. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Karate--Yoshizo Machida.

Fencing--Gary Copeland.

11. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

Are we including people with have trained with in the past if only briefly?

Excluding them for now I'd like to train with:

Rick Young
    Peter Consterdine
    Iain Abernethy

12. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Geoff Thompson

Rick Young

Greg Jackson

Shawn Tomkinson

Mark DellaGrotte

Freddie Roach

Eddie Bravo

Marcelo Garcia

Jeremey Horn

Rich Franklin

Probably loads of others as well. Oh and Cro Cop!

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

What was training with him like? I'm considering spending a week in training at his school at some point, used to love his articles in MAI.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

On my list of celebs I would probably say :

Cung Le, just to get his theory of managing/able to use his spin kicks with such effectiveness. A weakness that I have.

I've already trained with Wanderlei Silva (1 session) and he was awesome, which brings me back to wanting to train with my first ever Vale Tudo coach : Gintas Baukaskas.

The reason being is that he (Gintas) was one of the nicest guys you can ever meet - who could destroy you, yet do it with such respect. And that was the vibe I got off, Wand. Nicest dude in the World, calls everyone his friend. But had that little gleam in his eye that said "I can destroy you and you know it". With a big smile on his face.

Oh and also dibs on Mark DeLagrotte, his Muay Thai would be sick!

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Though I don't do Aikido myself, I would like to train with Koyo as well.

It'd be more interesting if we were to say who we would actually want to train with from MAP I think. The top four I can think of off the top of my head who I would be interested in training with from MAP would be Koyo, JWT, slipthejab, and Gary-Enshin (who I don't know if he posts here anymore or not).

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ooohhhh, from map?

koyo, slip, el medico, gshambrooke, jwt and marc mcyoung, i guess

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

ManomashiboMan !

18. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

If it were folks on here I would also say Marc MacYoung....Not sure exactly who else is on here-

From reading posts I like Koyo and Don Roley.