Who uses camouflage belts?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Noodle, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Noodle

Noodle New Member

Who is buying the camouflage and fluorescent pink belts sold on some internet sites? They are selling them so someone is buying them. Why?

Makes me want to pick one up to wear to the dojo one day. I can strap my son's ninja turtle sound effect wristbands to complete the effect. That should go over real well with sensei.

2. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Someone that likes camouflage and fluorescent pink.

3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'd almost be tempted to get a flourescent pink one for the Open Mat in february...if I had less survival instinct.

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

what's a ninja turtle sound effects wristband? I think I need one of those...

5. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

When I ran a google search for:

"camouflage belt" system rank

I came back with several TKD (ATA, specifically) links that mention using a camouflage belt for one of their ranks.

Mike

6. Noodle

Noodle New Member

There are some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy weapons out that have sound effects. There are four sets each comes with the appropriate Turtle mask. 1. Leonardo Blue Mask has Katana with built in sound effects; 2. Donatello Purple Mask has Bo with built in sound effects; 3. Michelangello Orange Mask has pair of nunchuku with a single wristband sound effect generator; and 4. Raphael Red Mask has pair of sai with built in sound effects.

The sound effect generator (orange and red mask) is a little turtle shell looking thing that straps on to your wrist like a velcro watch. When you shake it (like when you shake your arm) it makes a sound effect. Strap one on with a camo karate belt and break into your kata!

Here is link to the one with the sound generator:

3. Nunchaku: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...1&product_id=2158136&path=0:4171:92533:108713

Here are the others:

1. Katana: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...1&product_id=2158135&path=0:4171:92533:108713

2. Bo: can't find link

4. Sais: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...1&product_id=2158135&path=0:4171:92533:108713

7. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I'm gonna get one and wear it way up my arm under my gi next class...

8. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

i think the camofluage one sounds sweet and cool but the pink... im scared

9. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

You know what I think is funny, though, if the Gracie's had come out wearing pink belts and polka dot gis when they first came on the scene, I bet a lot of people would now be wearing pink belts and polka dot gis. What's taboo today might well be the fad of tomorrow ;)

Mike

10. Cain

Cain New Member

So THAT'S the reason everyone's wearing lycra ;)

|Cain|

11. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

No, I think Yoda's the reason for that :p

Mike

12. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! ;)

|Cain|