Who likes King of the Cage?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Korpy, May 15, 2005.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Who here like King of the Cage? It's probably my favorite.

Also what is your favorite fighting association like King of the Cage?

Mine is:

King of the Cage
    K-1
    PRIDE
    UFC

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Please try to choose thread titles that describe your question.

"Who here?" doesn't.

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm sorry you didn't like it, but who cares, the title isn't the point.

It's who wants to discuss King of the Cage and who likes it.

4. YODA

Yes - the title IS the point.

Here's what the Terms of Service YOU agreed to when you joined this site says...

4.11 Thread Subject Titling:
    As MAP grows, it becomes increasingly important to properly title the subject of new threads. People find the threads that they are interested in mostly by scanning the titles, even when searching with our site search engine.
    4.11.1 Thread titles that are non descriptive such as "Check this out" are not allowed.
    4.11.2 MAP Moderators may change the title of any thread to assist in describing the content of the thread without notifying the member who started the thread. In some cases, a moderator may also contact the member if it is evident the member is having a problem with titling to give tips.

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Well I think my thread was titled good, and didn't need anything else, but whatever your the admin.

6. YODA

The thread was originally called "Who likes?"

Who likes WHAT?

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

They can come in the thread and see the topic then.

That's how it will attract more people.

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

KoTC is alright but really its just a stepping stone for guys to get into UFC.

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

And UFC is a stepping stone for PRIDE. And K-1 kicks major butt.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It really doesn't work that way im afraid; you normally find people will just ignore the non descriptive threads.

As for King of the Cage; I'm a fan of it - they've been host to some excellent fights over the years.

11. JiuJitsu500

JiuJitsu500 Valued Member

UFC is not a stepping stone for Pride, the pride champ right now, Vanderlai Silva fought a few times in the octagon and was beaten.

Chuck Liddel and Genki Sudo fought Pride as well, Chuck was great in Pride, but stayed in the cage, while Sudo fights anything, even in ADCC.

My favorite are in order and why:

UFC(think about it...)
    Pride(UFC in a ring, what else is necessary?)
    K-1(besides some of the greatest knockouts in kickboxing history, it has Bob Sapp, Antonio Noguria(forgot the spelling), and other monsters fighting MMA)
    KoTC(stepping into MMA, Dwane Ludwig, one of my favorie fighters started here, also it's Bas Rutten's thing. Try to beat him, I dare you)
    IFC(it's cancelled, but anyone like Igor Vorchanchin who fought here deserves a recognition)
    Superbrawl(rent the tapes, it's fun)
    Gladiator Challenge(same as KoTC, but not as popular, so no good fighters relly come from here)

Other than that, all other MMA things are good, but are not known or are just not good, like the No Rules or Cage Combat organizations.

12. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i've only seen a few K-1 max fights and they were ugly and dissapointing, i'm going to look into a bit more.

KOTC is a pre school for UFC fighters. UFC is not a stepping stone for pride, that is a load of crap. i've seen Chuck Liddle fight in Pride and he slaughtered 3 people {i'll find the links and pics in a sec} and i can tell you from experiance its a hell of alot easier to grapple in a big free enviroment as opposed to having a cage wall to worry about getting stuck against.
    I LOVE the UFC. Pride is pretty good too. K-1 not so much.

13. JiuJitsu500

exactly what i said, thank you. Liddel destroyed in Pride, as did Sudo, who beat **** in pride, then didn't do so good in UFC.

K-1 is great, you just have to have seen bad fights, tekken. it is good, i love it.

UFC is still number one though, by far.

14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Pride does have some seriously skilled fighters just not on the same level. I'm going to look more into k1. i assume you mean k1 max?

15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

you are kidding right? for the record, Liddel got knocked out by Rampage in Pride, and has won vs Overeem and Mezger... apart from the fact that a whole 3 fights is hardly proof of anything, thats hardly much of a track record from someone who is considered to be the best striker in his weight division in UFC.

both are great but the rules in UFC are starting to get a bit tiring and there is too much lay n pray. part of the problem is they lose all the big draws to pride because the paycheck for a pride fighter is a fair bit better than UFC. Who in UFC do you really think is going to take people like Cro Cop and Fedor?

16. JiuJitsu500

the last point you brought up is what i was trying to say.

fedor and crocop are amognst the worlds best fighters, the only ones who, in the UFC who i think may be able to beat either of those monsters would be Bas Rutten, but he doesn't fight anymore, Arlofski, but i don't know about that one.

but, yes, pride is just as good as the UFC as far as fighters go, but i think that the UFC is a little more entertaining to me because some of the best fights happen there.

Remember the finale of the Ultimate fighter?

Forest Griffin vs. Stephen Bonner was one of the best, if not the best, fights to happen anywhere, ever.

15 minutes of brawling, that was a truly great fight. That's why more people like the UFC i would say, but I love pride too, just not as much. the fighters in pride are gods, like crocop, randelman, and fedor.

not many people can beat them from the UFC, that is a fact.

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i think the UFC is much more entertaining. and as for cro cop and Fedor. well, cro cop is a god of a striker, so i'd have to say someone like Belfort could stand against him, or Arlovski, Couture MAYBE. but Fedor, ah. Vitor could take him.
    Mir has a shot too.

bottom line. until Pride hits the same status as the UFC over in the US, not really an agenda for now. BTW. how is the pay for Pride better than UFC. i remember Liddle getting a high of like 240,000 to fight and another 200,000 to win per fight and a low of 75,000 and 75,000.

18. JiuJitsu500

yeah, great point, that's why people don't like pride as much, other than the entertainment value, it's the popularity in the states.

i hate japan now, and my life.

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

can't blame ya :D lifes a bitch.

20. JiuJitsu500

we just keep going back and forth :bang:

i guess this thread is done now too, see ya tekken!

:cool: