Who is Slip?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by GoshinRyu, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

best in the loosest possible reference to the word best. :p

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Ask not what Slip can do for you, but what you can do for Slip.

Also, this thread has turned in to a class A reminiscing session. Where are the lies?! I feel all nostalgic!

Perhaps we should knight him?

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

You know , sometimes I miss Punisher , I mean he was a bit barmy and gullible (do you remember Slips epic kara teen gland troll ?) , but he made life interesting.

4. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Gland troll?

5. bassai

Without completely derailing this.
    A few years ago the UK tried to get all Karate orgs under one governing body called Karate England , Slip managed to convince Punisher that the website he linked (www.karateengland or something like) was for a young girl called kara with some kind of gland problem , he bit and the hilarity went on for pages , even with people trying to hint what was going on.
    Anyway , back to the thread ..........

6. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

So He is a poacher turned game keeper?

7. bassai

Kind of , Slip always made good intelligent posts , however , if he thought you were a clown the flamethrower came out and it was barbecue time !
    He's just toned it down a bit lately.

8. slipthejab

lol... I almost forgot about that. Wonder what ever became of Punisher. Or that poor teenage girl suffering from a gland problem the Karate orgs came together to help out. :p

9. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Man...how did I miss the Kara Teen-gland thing?
    Where was I?
    Qualiy internets that.

11. slipthejab

Those were the days. Sigh.... it's making me all misty. Now it's all so teen-angst-RAWR!!! around here. :p

12. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Teen angst?

Most people made reasoned points, Slip. Nobody posted any 'angst'. Disagreeing with you and expecting you to post reasoned points rather than ad hominems and hysteria does not equal 'angst'.

Don't bother answering. I wrote that because I felt someone should probably call out that piece of passive aggression. I'm not up for another one-sided exchange where you post reams of ad hominems and hysteria. When I want to mess with my adrenaline levels I can just stop taking magnesium.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  13. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I knew he was a reformed troll! We know our own... :yeleyes:

14. slipthejab

What exactly are you referring to? Are you sure you're in the right thread? It seems you are confused about which thread you are posting in. :rolleyes:

Oh my now... have your panties been knotted because you feel like a persecuted teen? So you've jumped on your magnesium fueled hobby horse and become Dudley Do-Right? Hmmm... I didn't exactly think you were a teenager... but apparently you self identify as one. That's pretty much your issue. I suggest you work your issues out somewhere else.... magnesium and all.

It's funny because I can picture you... having to go back and re-write your post. Because you posted something entirely different and then came back and rewrote it. So it must have festered and simmered as you worked yourself into a frenzy. Hot tears of rage streaming down your face as you typed... frothy and full of indignation. lol. :p

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  15. slipthejab

I think you misread or misunderstood what Bassai has posted. Either that or your definition of troll is out of whack. So before you try the whole association thing actually figure out what is being talked about. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  16. slipthejab

Hahahaha... it still gets people riled up. As evidenced by the people it's riled in this thread who weren't even MAP members at the time it happened. :p

17. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Hehe I'm not the longest standing member by a long shot, but slip has never been anything but helpful and supportive to me, yes he can get the flame thrower out as can we all, he just has some kind of thermo-nuclear mega flame-thrower that can offend and frazzle folks to a crisp. These days people seem to disagree with slip purely for the fact it's slip... Funny because I doubt there isn't a single member here who frequents the H&F section that hasn't learned a considerable amount from him.

Personally I always just lol, it is the Internet after all....

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

And on that note I think this thread has run its course.

If anyone wants to reminisce/remonstrate then feel free to do so via PM with Slip. Now we return you to your normal programming. :)

Mitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.