Who fancies rhabdo? MAP challenges!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by seiken steve, Feb 25, 2011.

1. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Uh oh! I hope you're alright slothy!

Although, these words are ringing in my ears:
    :rolleyes: #justsayin

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

got to cover my bases!

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Yeah, I'm fine. More injury to my pride rather than anything else. Can't believe I didn't warm up properly. Even more annoying that it was with the same kind of weight I've used a few times doing the same movement with no problems what-so-ever. Finding it a touch painful to walk and the transition between sitting/standing is a touch problematic, but otherwise I'm fine.

All I did by the looks of things was pull a muscle or two in my legs in the groin area (I can't tell you which ones exactly, human biology isn't my forte). Gonna rest up more this week and let nature do its' thing.

4. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I'll be giving this one a miss. Heavy static lunges have bitten me once before.

When we gonna do 1 arm deads?

5. Mangosteen

Steve had declared - one arm reads are the new challenge

6. seiken steve

I can read books one handed bit a newspaper might be a struggle

7. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Straps permitted? Hook grip pain funtimes? Are you allowed to push down on one end of the bar with your free hand to balance?

8. seiken steve

I'm going to put it out there and say only 1 arm touches the bar and no support gear at all. Provided everyone is cool with that?

9. Mangosteen

hook grip?

10. seiken steve

Yeah, otherwise none of us will move a worthwhile weight

11. LemonSloth

You're a monster.

Hell, why not?

Do we need to provide our best with 1rm on both arms (as I reckon I can lift more with one arm than the other :p) or just our overall best?

12. Mangosteen

im curious about that too slothy...

hahaha i can imagine steve getting annoyed with all the questions, just whispering to himself "i dont understand what is so confusing about having to pick stuff up with one hand!"

13. LemonSloth

Initial test immediately after tyre flips and sledgehammer swings (mixed blessing, that one), hit 60kg with both hands (left and right, not both at the same time! :p). Grip held absolutely fine but the bar was starting to wobble a bit so I didn't push it any further.

Probably have another go at this one later as it was a lot of fun. Weird treating the weight I warm up to with DLs with one hand and finding it challenging.

14. seiken steve

I hit 140kg today with my right arm.

It seems like a great tool for getting people used to hook grip, didnt try left arm, thought we'd just try our best effort. its a lot easier if you let the shoulder 'slump'

15. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Had a go after regular deads today (I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed on some days), 70kg with either arm was ok, I'll be good for a bit more in a couple of days :)
    However: Ow my thumbs!

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

might give it a try after oly liftong. most i've done with chalk and hook grip is like 80 or so i think. can't hook without chalk though so hope that's allowed :p (may be able to pull off 60 with regular unassisted grip)

17. LemonSloth

I'm finding my grip feels perfectly strong when I lift the bar but for one reason or another the balance got a bit off, which is bugging me more than anything else.

Also, Steve, what the bally hell?! :eek:

18. seiken steve

Its a grip trap and deadlifts exercise. I was never not going to love it was I? Video evidence uploading.

If there was a competition for making the best damn bone broth Ive already won.

19. seiken steve

Also for balance lift the bar up a couple inches as a tester before your rep, it let's you find a good balance.

20. seiken steve