Who Are The 15th Dans?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fu_Bag, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Hello everyone,

Given the recent question about "What's next for the Bujinkan", I thought it might be nice for people to see that everything is in good hands. What does the general Bujinkan population know about the 15th dans in the organization? Maybe getting to know the people at the top will help to calm some nerves.

If you're a 15th dan in the Bujinkan and you'd care to introduce yourself, people would probably be glad to "meet" you. If you're someone who knows a 15th dan and would like to share some positive experiences about them, people might like to hear your perspective.

2. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Why? if you train you should know them, if you dont why do you need to know?

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Helpful as always. Thanks! :cool: If these people are the leaders of the organization, why wouldn't they want people to know a little about them? You can easily see personnel profiles on company websites. Why would a 15th dan be worried about introducing themselves? They're going to be the leaders of the "next one", afterall.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  4. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I don't see the point sorry, I'm English, I know who the 15th dans are, I know who the crap teachers are, I don't need a thread to try to expose people, if you need to know they are on the honbu walls in japan. Can you clarify why you need to know?

5. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

So your answer is to go to Japan and find their names on the honbu wall? I guess people could do that. I don't need to know but it looks like, in your mind, that means I shouldn't ask. Is this the case?

6. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Ok, let's turn it around, where do you live?

7. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Wow. I guess 3 answers from you trying to make this about me indicates that you really don't want anyone knowing. Like I said, I don't need to know. Google is mighty and people are proud of their accomplishments.

If I had to guess, I'd say you know at least one and feel the need to protect them. Why is that? Your responses are actually making me more and more suspicious of why you don't want people knowing information that already exists via a Google search.

8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Lol I don't think the 15th dan Nutjob knows needs protecting.

He needs to lay off the currys but not protecting. :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  9. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I don't either and I'm wondering why Nutjob thinks they do need protecting.

10. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Ahh right turning it around on me? Yes google is there so why not use it? For the record my teacher is Norman Smithers, behind Peter king probably the best in the uk, I also know all of the other 15th dans in the uk (without google)

Norman is on here so I'm happy to say he's mine, the others are not so it's unfair to offer them up without them knowing

11. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I don't, I just think you are a watermelon

12. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

What's wrong with discussing it here?

13. Dean Winchester

hmmm melons.....

14. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Maybe teachers would like to keep their names off forums?

15. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Ugh... This is not about you vs. me vs. whoever. Via your posts, I already knew who your teacher was and had an impression about him via his posting style. It's a positive impression if that makes you feel better. That's a pretty good introduction to me but not everyone has that same perspective. If people don't want to offer up any info on their teachers, that's cool.

It's a respect thing. I get it. The secrecy thing, especially attempts at secrecy, when the cat is already out of the bag doesn't exactly help the Bujinkan's public image. Wouldn't it be better for the people who care about the Bujinkan to help improve its image?

16. Dean Winchester

Ed Martin

:whistle:

17. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

LOL. Well, thanks. I've been called worse and I'm sure there are more choice comments where that one came from. For the record though, a "watermelon" wouldn't do things the same way I do. They have a preoccupation with nuts.

18. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Uhhh... 1st Rule of Fight Club

:evil:

19. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I'd be happy if this was 'who are the bad 15th dans' just to continue deans idea

20. Dean Winchester

Hey don't blame me. :D