Which Weapon to Carry for Self Defence

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by SWC Sifu Ben, Jul 3, 2015.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I have an antique bayonnet, i bought from a car boot in france, suppose i could say i was on the way to get it valued, not at 1am though :0

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I have an antique bayonnet, i bought from a car boot in france, suppose i could say i was on the way to get it valued, not at 1am though :0

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Right in your pocket, where it belongs most of the time.

4. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

ink poisoning him like a ninjer

5. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

the northern tongue of my missus im sure should be banned

6. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson New Member

The comment at the head of the post, was the most important point, in my opinion.

No type of weapon is of any use unless you train with it and are prepared to use it.

Knives are a bit of a myth as most people really wouldn't use one and would put themselves in further danger. Also, with any weapon, you will have a split second to prepare the weapon and then use it. This. in reality, is a vital "freeze" moment that could cost you dearly unless you have practised it under pressure.

Years ago I knew an old carpenter in London who carried a thin chain ( like a bicycle chain ) to use if anyone tried to mug him when he walked through the park late after a beer. He said it worked brilliantly because, firstly. he was prepared to use it and secondly, it was a stinging weapon that caused a lot of pain. The assailants simply felt extreme pain and if it was dark, they didn't know what was happening and soon ran off. I would also imagine that it wouldn't cause enough damage that he would be in serious trouble with the law.

7. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I simply carry the blessed genetics God gave me: fantastic looks, charm, and mystery thunder genitalia.

Monkey_Magic likes this.