Which ones could you conceal?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by JLD Boy, Sep 15, 2003.

?

Which weapons do you think you could conceal well on your body at the same time?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2003.
  1. Nunchaku

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. 3 sectional staff

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Brass Knuckles/ knuckle Dusters

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Butterfly Knife

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  5. Sai

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JLD Boy

JLD Boy New Member

please fill out

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Evidently you've not seen some of my coats. I could hide heavy artillery in some of those.

3. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

I dont think id be concealing a good solid 3 section on my person ....and even if you did i dont think you would be able to be weapon ready very quickly

4. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Concealing a three section staff might be a bit...um... uncomfortable...

5. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

"Wow is that a three section staff or just happy to see me?"

I carry my manriki chain on me, I can tuck the chain through my belt with the two weights dangling. I can draw it like a standard iai cut and have bunched back up in my hands in a flash.

That or a .380 cal, good ol chink chink pow jutsu.

6. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

i carry my nine sectional whip with me all the time :D

7. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

hell I could conceal all of that and more. I have big pockets. :D

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Isn't concealing a danergous weapon ILLEGAL?

9. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

It is here

As I see it, If you don't carry weapons, then muggers etc will be less likely to carry them themselves. They won't see a need for it.

10. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

Plus isnt the point of all this training to make our own bodys the weapons

11. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Most places in the US you are allowed to carry a concieled weapon with a concieled weapons permit, this includes everything from a gun to can of mace. There are restrictions, such as you cant walk into a federal building with a weapon, ie post office.
    There was one town in Georgia that passed a law that the head of house hold carry a hand gun with extra ammo. Apparently the city passed this law hoping it would stop a rash of crimes caused by people from neighboring towns. Their crime rate droped something like 80 percent.
    Then again some states are so strict its rediculous.

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

hmmm ... so that's what I'm doing.. ?? (I knew that...);)

13. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Arent we tought that when using weapons that they are an extension of our bodys? :)

14. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Are we not also taught that a weapon used is a weakness illuminated, grasshopper?

Imagine pulling a 3-section staff on a mugger! :D

JLD boy, when I was younger I used to carry a bayonet around with me. It never came out in public and in fact the only time it was pulled in earnest was at home. It was then that I realised I couldn't do the thing... It was not a happy day...

I have more weapons now (swords, sais, bow/arrows, throwing knives, more knives and a selection of poles) but they're hidden - except for the poles because I have no qualms about thwacking someone into infirmity when they're asking for it.

You might wonder why I train butterfly sword and broad sword if I know that I cannot use them in a street situation. Well, half of it is the two-man work where the object of the unarmed guy is to get used to blades in his face.

Rgds,
    David

15. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

i'd love to carry a nunchuku around on me :D

16. khafra

khafra New Member

I have a balisong on me right now.
    But the mental image you're putting in my head is of a guy, seen from the back, facing a girl.
    And the girl is asking: "Is that a three-section staff in your trousers, or are you just happy to see me?"

17. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

hell one of the rasons I train with weapons is so if the need arose I could use my sword to defend myself or loved ones.
    For me unarmed fighting is a last resort because I am small person and very fragile, for me a big sword is a better idea after trying to run away. :)

18. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

the last three would be easy

the first two would take some planning

19. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

chazz i have a oair of inverted sai and they would take up more room than the nunchucks though granted that they are flatter