Which of these would you recommend

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jack, Mar 29, 2003.

1. THEGREAT1

THEGREAT1 New Member

telsun.....

i went to that forum to have a look but u can't virew it without signing up......it doesn't allow free e.mail addresses but also doesn't allow u to hide your e.mail address....makes you use real name...seems like a bit of a marketing scam forum....

anyway /me aint gonna sign up to one like that, if there's some others on the topic let me know

2. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I assure you it is genuine. No marketing scam. I know of no others.

3. Cain

Cain New Member

You can make a temp mail address and give some other name, I do the same for all :)

Be glad it's not asking for your credit card number :D

|Cain|

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Just some added comments....
    Plyometric exercise together with your weight training can be combined to maximise the use of those fast twitch muscles and to develop more explosive power.

By performing fast movements you increase the percentage of fast twitch fibers and decrease the percentage of slow twitch fibers.
    Fast twitch fibers are those used when you lift heavy. They also "take over" when slow twitch fibers become fatigued. But, fast twitch fibers are also used during high-speed trained movements that use lighter weights too.
    You can increase in the percent of fast twitch muscle fibers by doing fast eccentric movements (eccentric is the "lowering" part of a weight exercise). Although high-speed eccentric training can stimulate muscle adaptation, there is a high risk of injury.
    I would say it is safer to lift fast during the "lifting", rather than the "lowering" part of an exercise.

Fast twitch muscle fibers are those that contract quickly, require anaerobic (with out oxygen) energy metabolism of carbs and are used during speed and power activities.
    Slow twitch muscle fibers are just the opposite. These muscle fibers gets their energy aerobically (with oxygen) , and can use both carbs and fat in steady state endurance.

Plyometrics are extremely beneficial for training fast twitch muscles.

Bear in mind too that the percentage of both types of muscle fibers you have is genetic, but the majority of "average"people have about an equal amount.