Which martial arts fighting disciplines can help in street fights the most?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by jonjones229, Jan 31, 2019.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I think you're missing the point.

Does the leg-waggling method offer any advantages over any other? No.

Does it pose the risk of possibly exacerbating a neck injury, no matter how small the likelihood? Yes.

So I don't see any reason to defend its use.

Smitfire and Dead_pool like this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

They were from all injuries, self reported, which again will skew the results.

Judo has a terrible safety record, in Japan.

Japan Confronts Hazards of Judo

3. David Harrison

Also, saying that having a first aid qualification means nothing isn't correct.

If someone attempts to revive someone following their first aid training, they are far less open to legal action should something go wrong than if they have no qualification and do some wives' tale revival method.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Dead_pool, post: 1075056078, member: 28565]watching sky sports.[/QUOTE]

Watching Sky is too dangerous for me to even contemplate :D

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

As quoted earlier I think from Mushroom, if in any doubt call a professional, quoted from a first aider, I will conceded, the leg waggling method I'd probably not the best if you conceded you have no evidence to back up that it is not

6. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

And by the way, you lot are missing euro vision it's your choice

ned and David Harrison like this.
  7. Dead_pool

A) you can't prove a negative
    B) If we have no evidence, why have you changed your mind?

8. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

I haven't I'm just getting bored

9. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

I mean you didn’t even get the sky sports attempt at humour

10. Dead_pool

Attempt is the right word, I mean you didn't even try an unusual accent!

11. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Touche

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Haha....'clicky group'.
    David's been the recipient of far more stick than what you're getting (a lot of it from me!) and remained good humoured.
    So are me and David in the clicky group together?

axelb and bassai like this.
  13. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Let me just say, and I say this with no ill feeling, or negativity to any of you, you talk about risk assessment, injury prevention, statistically the most dangerous thing any of you have ever done is cross the road (probably) you talk about training, first aid etc, but a fair bet is none of you have had to give first aid to your best mate who has just lost his legs to an IED. My bet is most of you in a situation like that would crap yourselves, you have an ideology, a leads to b, which means c is up next, your thought process is predictable, you have no real experience, 1/2 of you probably have never had a real fight, yet you know best, you have no qualifications to back up your argument, or hard evidence. In a real incident I would put money on the majority of you are a freezer, when the pooh hits the fan you will have a phycological freeze.

14. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Speaking for myself , I’ve had a number of first aid situations including heart attacks and rtcs involving limbs hanging off and major blood loss , and just this week managed to diffuse a situation where an angry gypsy squared up to me , you may want to reign in the generalisations based on your own biased views.

axelb, Grond and David Harrison like this.
  15. SaintDomingo

SaintDomingo Valued Member

What exactly is your point? I've read this entire thread and I honestly can't tell what point you are trying to get across. Your arguments just seem to jump from one thing to another without explanation.

Grond and Smitfire like this.
  16. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The fact is you spoke a load of what looked like utter nonsense, then got annoyed when people called you on it. This latest post is 1) not remotely accurate and 2) a sign that you are actually just getting desperate in this argument. Reign it in, think about being a little more humble when people try to correct you, then discuss the matter without resorting to attacking what you perceive as everyone else's experience.

17. Dead_pool

I call shenanigans straight away.

Smitfire and David Harrison like this.
  18. David Harrison

How many mates have you had to patch up after having their legs blown off by an IED?

How did we get from "nah, don't waggle their legs in the air" to you trying to put everyone who disagrees with you down a couple of pegs (with no ill feeling or negativity... followed by ill will and negativity)? I think you might need to do more of those relaxation and breathing techniques Systema teaches.

axelb likes this.
  19. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

When a point i made is said to be dangerous, I asked for evidence, non was provided, I asked for qualifications, non was provided, a secondary point was made the rnc in training being dangerous, again evidence was asked for, very little was given, suggestions that I was of sterotypical age therefore had a stertopical belief and a person of limited intelligence, the first negatives came from others, surely by reciprocity I am entitled to respond. I understand that others do not share my view, and will recind if proven wrong.

20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

And that has exactly what to do with shaking unconscious people, when there are better or healthier alternatives?