Which MA would you least like to face in the street?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rakim, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Rakim

Rakim Valued Member

Just wondering guys, if you got into a street fight, which MA would you hate to be up against, boxing and wrestling included. I think I'd hate to fight a pro wrestler, coz I'm quite small and I would get battered. Lets just say, for arguments sake, that you opponent is the worlds best at their respective art.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  2. Giver

Giver New Member

Personally, if my opponent was the best at whatever their style was, I'd be scared to go up against any of them. But just for the sake of the thread, I'd probably say that kyokushin would be the scariest. I haven't ever really seen it, but from what I've heard it's really tough and merciless.

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Id hate to face a skilled windmiller :eek:

4. ~Natsumi Lam~

~Natsumi Lam~ New Member

Muay Thai

~NL~

5. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Kali, silat, or any other progressive weapons based martial art. Chances are you'd be stabbed before you ever knew the knife was in play. Brr...

- Matt

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the best there is?

DIM MAK :D:D:D:D

j/k, seriously though i think probably taijiquan or aikido

7. Jelik

Jelik New Member

What martial art would I not want to face?

What I would least like to face is someone who is a dirty fighter, someone who does whatever it takes to take you down, someone that would not observe some of the common curtisies that arts give other fighters...

Someone mentioned muay thai.. I would tend to agree, but modify it slighly. Zen Do Kai is to me a free style version of muay thai. In my experience of Zen Do Kai (and I am not putting it down, I have done it myself for a few years..) there is the mentality of "crunch your opponent quickly"... kick to the groin the knee to the head, followed by a swinging elbow...

Potentially, Ninjutsu has a "break bones first, ask questions later" type of attitude too - pure survival - however in my experience with ninjutsu I found it wasn't that effective against another martial art..

So my answer comes down to: Who / waht art do I not want to come across in a dark alley? The art that teaches the destruction of their opponent...

8. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Capoeira! I absolutly refuse to be seen dancing with other men in public! :eek:

9. TyrX

TyrX Unregistered Non-User

The art of Jeffery Dahmer. Man I would so not want to be eaten in a dark alley!

10. ~Natsumi Lam~

~Natsumi Lam~ New Member

haha thats awsome!!!

~NL~

11. Rakim

Rakim Valued Member

O.K, I forgot to mention, the use of weapons is not allowed, otherwise some smartass would say, "I'd hate to come up against a sniper, you would be shot in the head without seeing him". So far, the answers have been interesting, although I was suprised to see Aikido, no disrespect.

12. Giver

Giver New Member

*rofl* That's great!

13. ~Natsumi Lam~

~Natsumi Lam~ New Member

i agree.... no honor, all kill styles who thinks life is expendable. I pray i dont ever have to deal with someone like that.

~NL~

14. brainuse

brainuse New Member

The great majority of pro-wrestlers are not superior fighters. There are some noteable exceptions, especially those who fought or learned amatuer wrestling first and later moved to works, but in generally being good at working prowrestling matches has nothing to do with being good at combat. No doubt, being a big strong guy who's used to taking a beating is going to give you a huge advantage against someone much smaller and untrained, but that goes for anyone in any type of athletics.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

It's not an art, it's the attacker. Most of them are cowards, anyway. But an experienced knife fighter would have to make the list (and I don't mean some guy who's never used it outside the dojo). I'm with Matt, that whole "stabbity in the gut but you never saw it coming" thing is pretty sucky.

16. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

probably one of these:
    Harimau Silat/Eagle Claw/Chin Na: because of how brutal they'd be

Hsing-I Chuan/Muay Thai/Boxing: because of how hard they'd hit

BJJ/Sambo/Greco-Roman Wrestling: because I'd be out cold

Kenjutsu/Eskrima/Fencing: because they'd have weapons

Jeet Kune Do/Vale Tudo/Pancrase: Because they'd be unpredictable

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  17. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Llap-Goch

18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Boxing, kickboxing (NOT cardio-kickboxing), muay thai, judo/ sambo or MMA, although the stabby-styles would suck to be on the recieving end too

19. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

I am not afraid of a style. I afraid of any well trained fighter.

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Well said, if I had to say one style though it'd be boxing. People that are strong in one area can catch you unaware!