Which gyms around rotterdam/ the hague are good for foreighner?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Maryreade1234, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Maryreade1234

Maryreade1234 Member

Hello so seeing the news that they are recommending that pubs and gyms get closed down again in september (So they can open schools...).

Im thinking of getting out the country before the 2nd lockdown happens. Dont know how my mental health will manage going through yet another 4 months of not training. Thailand are not letting people in but I can get into holland easily and I hear that the training is comparable to thailand. So im thinking of going to train there anyone have any experience with gyms over there.

Is it a mix of tourist gyms and fighter gyms like in thailand. And can you recommend any gyms to contact. Im gonna talk to the gyms before I go but I have a way into europe.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Pubs 'may need to shut' to allow schools to reopen
    Its potentially pubs, gyms will be well down the list of potential closures.

So a few issues.

1) Holland is open for short holiday makers, Brexit is only five months away, they won't want someone with no job or legal right in the country (or healthcare) to be there indefinitely.

2) October is when the vaccination programme will begin in the UK, you'll be missing it,

3) If not training impacts your mental health that much, you probably should seek counseling, not traveling across Europe during a pandemic seeking your next fix.

4) Holland is going to have a second wave too, guess what will be shutting there too.

3. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

What Deadpool said.

Plus if the gyms are like anything here they will be turning people away and alloting training time to current members not new ones, social distancing will reduce class size everywhere

5. Maryreade1234

Maryreade1234 Member

I was thinking 3 months in 3 months out (no visa) after brexit. We will be given that option I think its what americans get and they habe implied we will get it in no deal.

Are gyms actually restricting new members all the gyms Iv contacted seam happy to have new members. Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country.

Also I don’t think europe is gonna be hit anywhere near as hard as the uk by the second wave. Based on what the first wave did I reckon europe will lockdown for like 2 months (as it did before) and the problem will be minimized. With us its taken 6 months.

If a vaccine gets made that may change things though.