Which art is best of 'da streets'

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dead_pool, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

I don't know, maybe it's not that. But there's a possible link with Hannibal somehow as he is the only one who says he knows where you train so far. But that doesn't make sense as he seems to comes across legit in terms of actually training.
    Whatever it is this threads gone mighty strange.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Well fools seldom differ....

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Don't be absurd - I am HIGHLY visible and actually name myself, my organisation, my rank and my instructor

4. Dead_pool

Unless I'm your inner 'Tyler durden'............

Just saying...........

5. Hannibal

My inner Tyler is a drunk Viking.....

6. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

I know. It doesn't make sense.
    Why back someone who won't reveal anything and why be the only one who actually knows ?
    I want to go and train with fusen. I don't see the problem in telling me even in private.

7. Dead_pool

:ban:
    Do you realise how creepy you sound right now?

And you wonder why I don't post info online.

8. Hannibal

I can only tell you what I know - up to a point of respecting individual privacy

I simply know who Fusen is

9. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

Yea about as creepy as the 'who at MAP would you like to train with' thread.
    Or as creepy as saving or remembering posts from years ago.
    Or as creepy as making up a persona on internet forums.

10. Dead_pool

You've asked once and I said no, asking repeatibly, and other people is creepy as hell, that's the actions of a stalker.

No means no badger ladder

I didn't remember your posts, I searched your name with SD and it was the first hit.

Are you still trying to claim I'm not a real person? I don't see your name and address online either.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  11. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Ah, I get it.

Badger Ladder is Fusen's sockpuppet.

What a twist! :p

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think it's time to step in and say that anonymity is taken seriously here on MAP and is the right of every individual member.

I have an issue with some posters being so anonymous, others would be more than happy to train with those same posters.

That is my problem, not that of the anonymous poster.

So with that said I'd ask Badger Ladder to take a different approach, as Fusen isn't about to give up his identity and you should respect that.

13. Dead_pool

There's currently a thread in a different forum in the BJJ world, detailing all the hassle people (women and children mostly) get from unbalanced folks online.

And I know its happened previously on MAP.

I wouldn't advise anyone to freely make there ID Available online.

14. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Because avoiding a fight altogether is a better outcome than fighting and "winning".

15. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Did you post the actual trick anywhere? Trying to catch up on thread but it's a pain. Those BJJ choke videos are money btw.

16. Dead_pool

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNsI2XqVH78[/ame]

yep, aside from having standard good technique, and using context appropriate attacks (for example open guard chokes with ideally sweep to mount and then finish). Its mainly making sure that the material your gripping to form the noose is strong, one way of doing this is (for eg. cross collar from bottom) is to roll up the t shirt behind the neck, so youve got the entire length rolled up to hang off.

Does that make sense?

edit - Doing it whilst keeping the posture controlled, and keeping the inside space yours so your punch proof Is really important.

So really its good jits plus "one wierd trick that will amaze you" added in.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  17. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Oh that trick. Thought you meant something else. Very cool trick nonetheless.

18. Dead_pool

Yea exactly, its nothing earth shattering, but if you don't know it, you can't t shirt choke.

19. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

I totally respect that. I don't want to know his identity. I would like to know his instructor and gym. I don't see the problem. A reputable instructor wants to be known to get trainees. A competative gym will want to be known.

I thought integrity and honesty would be more desired on the forum.

The funny thing is and the clever bit is that I could end up looking worse off even though there's a picture....there's a location...I'm open to PM' s....someone I've trained under is known. I trained for a bit once with David Morcegao in Burton before he was a black belt in BJJ years ago and the guys that Nathan leverton started with at Leicester uni were there too......see...there's some more info.
    It does not compromise my safety or identity.

Apparently Fusen is a purple belt and teaches.....not only that he has students in the police and army. This apparently justifies as a fact that scenario trAining and sim type trAining and trAining in clothes is crucial for SD.
    Have you seen how many posts he has...when is he trAining to get to this level?
    Why is a purple belt teaching that much. I saw a post from 2012 where he says he is teaching....only a few years after starting off in the ninjitsu forum as a ninja. That's one he'll of a talent.
    Definitely worth training under.
    I have seen guys get mauled on here for claiming less than that. How can genuine discussions be had? Is it more about all being pals and patting each others back or something.

Sim days and training in clothes........for some helpful. For others not needed. There is no factual evidence that says these things must be done or you are not doing good SD. For one that does or says this....there's as many that don't. I've trained with 3 police officers. I know 2 guys who were in the army....I know 4 who are or were bouncers. Non have ever done that stuff.
    So it's not fact....It's personal opinion. It's nonsense that anyone can says what the right thing to do is for another person concerning their safety. Only advise can be given....No rules or facts. Fusens screwed up by trying to make out there are and so had to claim he had students in the police and army to back this up.
    Oh dear.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  20. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

why do you have a problem if someone does NOT want to share their information?