Whey Protein.......

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Labatt, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Labatt

Labatt New Member

LOL, thanks for the replies guys.

I talked to that guy again, and he said that a doctor told him, that the producers may add a lil "Something" in there, and the consumers don't have to know. To make there product better.
    I laughed, and gave up talking to him.

2. khafra

khafra New Member

I drink milk. It has 2g of whey protein and 6g of calcium caseinate per serving, plus a free dose of whatever steroids they gave the cow. I can't lose!

(BTW, it's true some supplements can be contaminated with other things, but this is very rare, and whey protein itself would be impossible to ban--like I noted above, it's in milk.)

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Absolutely!

And Glutamine too if you're trying to cut flab.

I'd love too - I'll put it on my articles list :D

I'm so busy right now it's scary!

4. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Update. I bought the best. Mammoth 2500. 66 grams of protein in 1 serving. 1200 cals mixed in a glass of milk.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

66g per serving?

Take half a serving then - your body won't assimilate that much in one go.

1200cals? Sounds like there more than just protein in there. 66g of Protein = 264 calories.

I just did a Google search. Mammoth 2500 is a weight gain power containing protein - not just a protein powder. I hope you need all those extra calories or you're gonna be one lard ****!

6. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

YODA, should we be counting calories?

I've adopted the belief we should be counting carbs since that's what we use for energy, and if we don't burn them up, our body stores them...

7. Cain

Cain New Member

Maybe that's why he counted calories.......

|Cain|

8. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Dude, my metabolism is high. Im having so much trouble gaining weight it's not even funny! It has ALOT of protein, and alot of cals. I need it to gain some mass.

9. Labatt

Labatt New Member

So, it's better to only have a "Whey Protein" product, than Mammoth???????

10. ROBERT

ROBERT New Member

All of the "extra" stuff in Mammoth is not going to be used to build muscle.(that is what the whey protein is for). If you want those "extra" calories eat a stick of butter dipped in syrup.

As yoda said your body will only utilize approx. 30 grams of protein at a time.

Robert

11. khafra

khafra New Member

Weight gainers are good for gaining weight. They have a lot of protein, a lot of carbs, and a lot of fat.

MRPs are good meal replacements. They have less fat and carbs, and usually a slower-digesting protein like casein, egg albumin, and/or soy in addition to whey.

Post-workout mixes usually have either whey concentrate or isolate, very little fat, and sometimes no carbs (this is only necessary/beneficial on a ketogenic diet). They're made to drive as much nutrient into your muscle as they can, as quickly as possible, during the metabolic boost right after a workout.