Where's YODA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Wali, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Wali

Wali Valued Member

I've noticed that YODA hasn't been around for ages... What's the deal?

2. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

hes busy trying to convince anikin not to go to the dark side...

3. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

I always get nervous when people dissapear from forums...

I mean, where has Ikken been? Lots of regulars on MAP seem to have... poofed...

4. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Hit Squad on the loose

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I think, KC correct me if necessary, that he gave up some of his responsibilities when KC became more involved.

6. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

If I remember correctly he made a negative comment on someone's weight, made a bunch of insulting posts about MAP on bullshido when he got sin binned, and left. I don't think he's coming back. Too bad, aside from the aforementioned nastiness he had some of the more intelligent posts.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Not exactly...

Yoda no longer trains in MA due to health problems. He's moved onto other things. He was involved for quite a while with both me and KC as admins, and he still retains his status here as an admin until he feels he doesn't want to anymore as he was instrumental in making MAP what it is today.

If you want to get hold of him, his latest project is a photography forum and he can be found milling about over there http://www.shutternutters.co.uk/

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... that was never EVER the case... Saz already noted the clarification.

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I had meant that he was putting in so many hours that KC gave him some relief when she became an admin. Never meant that he was made to give up any responsibilities at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

10. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

Have you tried the swamp planet of Dagobah?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Many of the regulars that haven't been aroud had been 'poofin' for a long time. :p

12. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

Oops - that would explain why he hasn't replied to my PM! :D

13. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

So Yoda's gone hey? Haven't been on here in a while, been spending alot of time over at an Aussie mma site.

Anyone remember when Andy left? That was a blow. Or Jim? He was a bloody good guy with a hilarious journal to boot, both with plenty of MA experience

14. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

Well people come and go in forums. I have noticed this too. Lost some good people on the way and gained some nice too. A forum is a living "creature" it changes a lot.

Wishing all the people who haven't been here for a while best of luck in their ventures :)

I just returned from a hiatus and perhaps will leave again and then come again ....

15. Shotochem

Shotochem Master of Baby-Do-Jitsu..

Speaking of missing people Rammy is that you?

How many little devils are there in Romania? ;)

16. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hey you two ;)

Yes that's my Romanian friend (aka Rammymensa ... wasn't it ?)

I'm so glad I still see some of you :)

17. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

That's not the whole story: I confess, I drove Ikken away. I made fun of his moisturizing routine and hurt his feelings. :D :p I'm sorry you big, moist, girls blouse, please come back. ;)

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52531&page=2

18. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

I saw Ikken in passing on Symonds Street the other day, but that could have easily been just another short, pale, greasy, oily Thai boxer who looks exactly like Ikken. But now come to think of it, he hasn't replied to any of my text messages and the last time time I saw him at the gym was about eight months ago. My learned conclusion: the Balmoral mafia finaly caught up with him. :cry:

He was a short, angry man, with greasy spot-spots. He will be missed. R.I.P, Alex. :Angel:

19. Shotochem

Shotochem Master of Baby-Do-Jitsu..

Hey KC,

Alot of us are still here. I don't post as much as I read these days. Less time avaliable with the little Shoto-cub around. :)

20. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

someone has stolen his msn account and logs in with it then :D