Where's the video?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by kempojosh, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

Joe V. said that he'd post a video for David. Joe, i was wondering where is the video? Did you lose the camera on poker night?:)

2. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Patience Grasshopper... :D

3. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

is it taking awhile to set the camera up? or is it taking awhile to get a perfect kata?:)

4. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Neither. Boy with all this interest, maybe I should think about producing a video series :rolleyes: That's another thread...
    Patience, I want my son to be the Uki for the Arnis. He will be 5 weeks post knee surgery this friday. He is at about 90% of full range motion. He should be ready by the end of next week. I will tape my 2 Kata at the same time...

5. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

the popcorn is getting cold ;)

6. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Complete test tape.

Hey Josh and Dave,
    Here is the link to the complete test tape of Mr. Geary.
    I thought you may want to see the whole thing.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K1mggV8_YM"]YouTube[/ame]

7. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

i have been waiting to see that entire video.. now that i have, well... yeah, i'll leave it at that.
    Jesse

8. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

JoeV., how's the making of your video going? is that perfect kata hiding? :D

i take it that you guys are waiting on some reviews of the video?...

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Remeber when I said I would never see a video from Danjo either... I think Prof. Geary must be the only member of the KGS to ever record a video.

10. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

Why doesn't everybody in this childish argument just get in the cage, let that be judge...not who can do the prettiest dance...that'd sort it...after all, it's fighting skill that matters...isn't it?

11. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

I am a no body but if Joe V. is who i think he is, he doesnt have to show anyone anything on video. He is a stand up guy and a great martial artist. I just wrote a bunch more but he does not need defending to any extent so i will leave it at this
    In Peace
    Jesse

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Just a little reminder that we will not re-hash or start up anymore arguments regarding CNG's Kempo or his abilities:cool:

13. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

It's Joe Viera from Master Mullaney's.

Sifu Dwire, I am humbled by your kind words Sir. You are far from a "nobody" Sifu. Your skills and lineage speak for themselves. You are well respected by many Seniors and your schools produce quality students. (That know how to bring it :D )

Nice to hear from you again! I hope you and yours are all well and out of the flood zone.
    Peace!

14. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

I'm just giving JoeV. a hard time :D I would like to see the video, I was about to pop another bag of popcorn but I'll wait for the video to come out.

We've had three threads about CNG closed out. Everyone has said there piece and there is no more to say. It's time to move on. To each his own....

Let us know when the video is up JoeV. No, you have nothing to prove to any of us. But you voluntered the video so we're waiting. I do believe that Danjo also offered one up during the debates. If the offer still stands then post the videos.

respectfully,
    josh

15. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

Thanks JoeV,

I knew that was you. We are out of the flood plans but that doesnt mean i didnt take some water into the Dojo from the past weekend. Had to close on Monday - but i figured since they evacuated half the city it was the right thing to do. Its nice out today - need to get into the school and continue to air it out. Master Mullaney's new school is sweet. Been up there a few times what a set up. Well 10 more days and i will be married and no more posts for a few weeks.
    --on another note- interesting that 2 kata is the form everyone is doing. That has got to be one of my favorite forms.
    In Peace
    Jesse

16. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Sifu, I am sorry to hear your dojo took some water. We were fortunate and had no damage to the dojos.
    Getting married in 10 days! Congrats to You Sir! Good Luck to you and your future bride!
    I like 2 kata because it was the first form I learned in our system that started out stepping backwards.
    I still teach the bunkai we learned from GM. Pesare in R.I.
    Nice to hear from you again Sifu!
    Peace!
    JoeV.

17. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

will kata 2 be on the video?

will there be a trailer to preview the video :D

18. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I guess your forms don't look as perfect on video as they do in the mirror, eh? C'mon Joe, you said you could do all your kata perfectly every time, so let's see ONE. :bang:

I do, still, await the tape.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

A soon as I can put my hands on it, I'll send it off. I just moved and the damn thing got packed somewhere. If I can't find it in the next week, I'll do another one and send it for you. I honestly DO understand how desperate you guys are for good instruction out there in Omaha. Sorry for the delay---Dan

20. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

and here we go again.....

i think what David is saying, at least this is the way i feel....you guys had some good talk. and I just want to see it...

maybe I'll go pop another bag of popcorn...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.