Where to holiday in July???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nzric, May 29, 2006.

1. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Hi everyone :D :confused: :confused:

I'd really appreciate some help, I'm kind of at my wit's end... I need to organise a romantic holiday for myself and my wife (who is overseas) in July, but I've got no idea where. Here's what I have to go on:

- I'm in Australia, she's in Qatar (near Saudi Arabia) so we thought of meeting in the middle (i.e. around asia), but that's not definite
    - I hear it's the rainy season in Thailand in July... what do they mean by rainy?(all the time/some sunny days?)
    - MUST be on a good beach, our perfect holiday this time would be to laze in hammocks and swim in the ocean.
    - Looking for a secluded place (no families/backpackers). Don't want to party (I haven't seen my wife in months)
    - Looking to stay for 14 nights, and if we can get a bonus deal looking to spend around Aus$100 per night (US$76) but may pay more for a great place.
    - Completely open to which country to go to. She might get her flight for free but if I travel further from Australia, I would obviously be looking to pay less for a hotel (to offset the flight costs)

We would love to go to Thailand but A. it's the rainy season so I have no idea how sunny/rainy it would be, and B. from the travel brochures it looks like the hotels are very hit & miss

Help!

2. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

Rainy season means rainy. As in it rains practically every day. Don't go anywhere that's in the middle of its rainy season, you'll spend nearly all your time in the hotel room if you do.

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

What about Japan, as it's an island im sure you'll find a nice spot on the coast. And it looks like a pretty cool place
    as for the weather there, no idea..

4. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

what about Fuji, thats kinda in the middle of Australia and Qatar and its very romantic

5. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

oh, i just saw the prices you set out, hmmm...maybe Fuji still? lol

6. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

How about Guam?

It should be easily in your price-range, it has everything you mentioned, and it isn't too far away. Also, since you already have companionship it's practically ideal. It won't have nearly the amount of tourists as Fuji either. Take a look at their link I provided.

Last edited: May 30, 2006