where is the best place to kick and punch ?not head or groin

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by matbla, Dec 15, 2005.

1. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

you could allways gouge his eyes out.. :eek: lol but that is near the head area hmm lets see.. floater ribs xyphoid process hip joint pelvis throat side of neck base of skull sternum collarbones knees elbowjoints arch of foot spinal column...so many choices :D oh and i discourage hits to the face because if you hit him in the mouth and one of his teeth cut you you could get disseases and also a nose shot wouldnt be too wise either because if you were to miss and hit his cheek bone then it could possibly crack a nuckle or hurt really bad so if you were gonna hit him in the face i would use a palm strike insted of a punch.. :D

2. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

but if i shin scrape you and rip of a few layers of skin... that might not be to fun lol :)

3. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Don't worry Matt, I'm dyslexic as well so it takes me ages to post stuff and I often edit it when I spot my mistakes lol If people take the mickey, that's about them, not you... :cool:
    :Angel:

4. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

thank you for understanding frommatt blake

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Don't mention it Matt. I've got friends who are dyslexic, so I know it can be difficult when so much we do revolves around the use of the written word. It just needs people to be understanding. After all, every single person has got their strengths and weaknesses, without exception.

I think the problem is that rather a lot of new members come to MAP and make rather sloppy posts using a lot of 'textspeak' and poor grammar, and so we all tend to jump on them. But as a result, other people sometimes get taken to task for making genuine mistakes.

Don't let it discourage you. You started an good thread here and I hope you'll start plenty more. :)

6. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

Because hitting in the nose stuns a person and can make the eyes water. But the jaw has nerves which connect to the brain. Shocking these nerves will usually result in a more effective strike because it gives the brain a jolt and can thus knock you out. That aside, the aim was to use a kick or punch thats not to the head.
    I'd say a good way to find out good spots is think of your own body and where you don't want to get hit (obviously, the smart answer would be anywhere, but just think of the places that hurt worse than others). I spose a good way is to feel for parts of the body that are soft and spongy (and nobody think of down there or I shall strike you down! lol) then hit/kick there. Legs can be good. When I was doing kickboxing, our main kicking targets were the ribs/kidneys area, stomach and upper legs. Point being behind the leg kicks was that you are more or less damaging a potential weapon. People can't kick/knee as hard if their legs are killing them. Other than that, ribs/kidneys and stomach to wind your opponent. Kicking to the abdominal/bladder area has the same effect. In a dire situation, the throat. Technically not part of the head. Just don't do it unless it really is a rough situation. Cos it can cause serious damage or allegedly possibly even death.

7. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

thanks so much for that reply keep it comeing
    i like to see good answer to my topic read my topics and
    please give good answers
    thanks again from matt sewell blake

8. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

There is an entire body of knowledge and techniques that revolves around targeting... it's called Kyusho youcan read about it at www.kyusho.com

9. Kouros

Kouros New Member

the best spot to hit in a fight if its not a life or death situation if you cant hit the groin the best spot is the sola plux one hit and your enemy is down it dosent have to be that hard :cool:

10. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

kick - knees, hips
    punch - solar plexus, throat, floating ribs

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I wouldn't have thought that a kick to the hip would do much, compared to a kick to most other parts of the body. In fact, it seems to me like the least harmful place in the body to get kicked!

12. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

a solid kick to the hip bone can take your balance or even knock you down. Move the target to teh cetner a bit and there are lots of soft nerves and blood vessels etc. Kicking to the hip is good :)

-D

13. DanH84

DanH84 New Member

Bit more advice, if after delivering a devastating combo of free hits to the other guys throat, heart, solar plexus, ribs, sternum, collarbone, elbow joint, hips, thighs, knees, shins and ankles he doesn't even blink. the technique best employed would probably be the 'run away to your home and then the 'hide behind your mummy until the bad man goes away.'

14. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Is that how you do it, Dan? Is she pretty tough?

15. DanH84

DanH84 New Member

like you wouldn't believe mate.

16. Kunoichi

Kunoichi Valued Member

Practically every part of the body has been said here. Are there any parts of the body people wouldn't recommend hitting or would rank in their least favourite places to attack? Everywhere seems to have merits at some point.

17. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

I think attacking a body part would have a lot to due with how much force you put into the attack and how much resistence the body part being attacked can generate.

In keeping with the tone of this thread lets hit somebody, not in the head or groin.

Lets say Attacker1 is a average fit individual but not athletic. You punch him in the belly, just a general location shot. The hit hurts him some and he rethinks attacking you...maybe.

Lets say Attacker2 is a athletic individual, with abs of steel. Would the same belly shot hurt him?

How about Attacker3, who has a belly that Saint Nick would be jealious of, would a general belly shot hurt him?

If instead of a general belly strike, what if the punch was raised a few inches to hit the Solar plexus/ Xyphoid process area or lowered a few inches to attack the Bladder.
    Those areas are not usually covered with muscle or fat and difficult to generate resistive force to an attack.

Just my 3 cents...inflation you know.