where is the best place to kick and punch ?not head or groin

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by matbla, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Look at the picture on your avatar - that's the face you pull when you get kicked there... lol :eek:

2. Taiji Butterfly

You're being funny right? :D ;)

3. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Oh man, what about a punch to the pancreas?

4. Topher

Topher allo!

So what.

5. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

what is up
    are we going off topic here let get back to my topic o.k.
    from matt blake

6. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Well i donno bout your martial art, im doin muay thai so i kick/block with my shins... if u were to kick me in the shin i'd just take it and counter. Being hit there is not something i'd fall on the ground for and cry about :p

7. KonRyuu

KonRyuu New Member

Does anybody on here seriously do any kind of body conditioning? I mean, like, taking a stick/pole and hitting your shins with it? holding up your arms while people kick/punch you everywhere, just a good tip to get up your threshold for pain. Try meditating while it's happening, how do you think the monks get hit in the throat and don't even flinch?

But I would still go for the shin, only for the mere fact, I don't know many people who condition themselves for attacks.

8. Taiji Butterfly

Ah, Muay Thai.... :cool:
    Do you wear shoes when you fight? Big difference in the effect of kicks barefoot and shoed ime
    I was assuming a street encounter, that's why I thought you were kidding when you said it "does nothing".
    I have never tried kicking an MT boxer in the shins tbh, but anyways, I think you'll find it certainly "does something" to people who don't train MT..... :D
    :Angel:

9. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

If you threw bleach powder or habanero juice in someones eyes why aren't you in jail where you belong?

10. Shokku

Shokku Banned Banned

Oh God I hope someone has said the throat... it should have been the first response. Definitely the throat or neck. If you hit someone at the side of the neck, they will become dizzy, nauseous, and are likely to pass out. At the thtroat, they'll either begin coughing violently... or die.

The shin is irrelavent, however it can be kicked (you asked) with an oblique or dragon kick. Oblique is kicking with your left leg across the front of your right leg (or with the right over the left). Dragon is kicking with your left leg behind your right leg (or with the left behind the right).

You may also employ a pendulum energy, and kick off your front lead. To do this, step in slighly with your back leg, kicking directly to the shin with your front leg.

You may also side kick to the shin.

Another excellent area to strike is the eyes. When you've taken away your opponent's vision, the fight is over. Unless they're blind and you didn't know it, and they have a heightened sense of hearing, you've won after a successfuly strike to the eyes. If you use a phoenix strike to the ridge of the eye, it will swell shut.

Also strike to the ribs. Easy to break if you've practiced, and it hurts like hell when you've got broken ribs.

Do you take an MA class? This is basic stuff.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  11. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

haha nah nah i know it was meant for the street, however, i assumed that the person that would kick my shin wouldt be doing it with their shoe :p
    But yeah, i know what ya mean, and yes im guessing that those big steel cap shoes would hurt :p

12. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Yeah i think that teach that in 'Hollywood'

13. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

I am with Omar. I have only been training in Muay Thai for 15 months but I am amazed at how well conditioned my shins have become (even without meditating and beating them with poles etc). So a kick with a shoe or trainer I would not mind to much. I will pass on steel toe caps though.

14. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I've never even heard of a "phoenix strike." But I'm sure that with such a name it is sure to be very powerful.

15. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

i glad to see that this topic has going to
    best replys
    wa i do not belive where you kick or punch
    i never know some of these
    frommatt blake

16. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I can't even understand you. :confused:

17. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Hes dyslexic mate.

18. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

i will not reply to my topic anymore
    i was on two other baord and all they liked to to is put me down

19. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I would not worry Matt. It won't happen. That's why we have a TOS here. We don't want anybody getting put down.

20. Mizuki Konoe

Mizuki Konoe New Member

From what I've learned, a strong chop to the back of the neck works very well because it knocks them out. It's really dangerous though and might possibly kill them ._.