where is the best place to kick and punch ?not head or groin

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by matbla, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I wouldn't recommend the knee or the shin. My shin is toughened up quite nicely, and it would take a lot to really hurt me there. As for the knee, one of the guys at my club is a pretty bulky guy, and not all muscle. I know my kicks are ok, and first time I sparred with him i figured taking out his knees was a good way to go. It was like kicking a tree, there was no give in his legs at all.

2. Munen Mushin

Munen Mushin New Member

The spot you should strike is a soft spot that would do the most damage w/ minimal exertion. There is at least 2 points of your body that will fit into the attackers points. (let's keep it PG here for the mentally handicapped of the juvenile persuasion thought process). At class try to find the points. EX.. A ridge hand fits nicely at the temple, the rear side of the jaw hinge, ziphoid process, eye, and so on.

3. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Yep..A quick powerful front snap kick to the shins or the instep stomp...

4. Transcend

Transcend Valued Member

5. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

Yes, yes the solar plexus is good place to hit, I've been hit there a few times by accident. Let me tell you it sucks. Also, heel into the shin hurts.

6. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

thanks for your hel[p keepit up
    all you wounderfull people from matt blake

7. Topher

Topher allo!

Just because your shins are tough and hard don’t assume that average Joe on the street toughens there’s by kicking steel bars ;)

I would say a push/stamp kick to the knee or a throat strike (chop).

8. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

You appear to have a brain, please leave MAP immediately lol :D

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

You shouldn't assume they don't either.

10. Martial Alex

Martial Alex Valued Member

The temple or the eyes, mwahahahaha

11. Topher

Topher allo!

Of course, but i think it safe to assume that they dont condition their shins more than they do.

12. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Thrust kick to the bladder. Below bellybutton, above groin.

Two finger strike to the windpipe. Below throat, above chest.

Gotta have hair to get a haircut. So I'll say shave it off and shine it up.

13. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

That counts as a punch?

14. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Counts as a hit.

15. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

The heart - if you directly punch into it, it dies.

16. KonRyuu

KonRyuu New Member

As, stated above, the kick to the floating ribs, just give it a double kick and send one of those floaters into the lung, Solar plexus is great, knock their wind out, then go in for something else, it's a little hard to fight when you have the wind knocked out of you. Kidney shot will probably make 'em pee blood for a week and hurt pretty bad, probably won't stop em though. Temple is good (oh wait no head shots, poo).

The thing about directly punching into a heart, kills it? that is wrong, if you even tap someone in the chest when they're heart beat reaches a certain point can kill them, you have about 15 millionths of a second that this time frame lasts, I would NOT count on it, lol reason that it kills you, is because in that like 15 millionths of a second frame, when the chest/heart area is tapped/hit it disrupts the hearts rhythm, sending it into cardiac arrest. (Dim Mak isn't what they'd like you to think).

You could just hit 'em in the corroted artery in the neck at a 45 degree angle using fa-jing, (explosive animal power) kinda like an alligator attacking something, how it just explodes with power. you might get lucky and hit it just right to where the inner walls of the artery slowly deteriorate over a period of time and years later..... it bursts, and they die. no link to you as the killer MUAHAHAHAHA....I wish it was that easy. Bummer.

Or you could just be a cheap bast**d like me and throw stuff in their eyes (I love using Habanero juice or bleach powder, yes I'm mean)...."Metsubishi" then fight them, makes it so much easier when you're opponent can't see!!! Less chances of them hitting you anyway, lol. Fun to watch them stumble around too. of course, metsubishi also makes it easy to just blind them (temporarily or permanently depending on the metsubishi) and just run away and have no confrontation, this is what I would recommend depending on the situation.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  17. ~Natsumi Lam~

~Natsumi Lam~ New Member

knee... fun to break... not fun to run on.

neck [unless considered part of head]

break an ankle... again fun to break... not fun to run on.

~NL~

18. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Punch: probably in that little gap where your ribs come together, just above your abs (solar plexus?)... hurt a bit, but i got winded big time.

Kick: definatly not the shin, it doens't hurt and nothing will happen. try the thigh, just above the knee... that kills (not literally) but it hurts a lot

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  19. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Just wondering, does a kick to the A-Hole have nearly the same effect as the groin?

20. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Can you read? It says "apart from the head or groin".