Where do i get Pride from in the UK?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ED-209, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ED-209

ED-209 Valued Member

I've watched every repeated UFC Unleashed on Player a million times over
    I've watched every episode of the ultimate fighter countless times as well
    I watch every UFC on Bravo, but then they don't come around offten enough

could someone please tell me where i can get Pride from in the UK

Is it hidden on some obscure channel at an ungodly hour?
    Is it possible to get on pay per view?
    Is it only available on the net?
    If so, where, and how much will it cost me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Silvervision have a pretty good range of DVDs. It's sometimes on Men and Motors pretty late but unfortunately, UFC has the UK tv market at the moment (which is a shame considering how much the cards suck right now)

3. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Ultimate Fighter 2 is on at the moment (on Bravo), and I'm finding it totally absorbing.
    (My kids did say I could take either of the two fighters who were on at the time, but I had to explain that they were heavyweights, and that they were actually yeay big above my 5'6 and there was no way I would even face up to them. :eek: )

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

5. ED-209

ED-209 Valued Member

Thought as much
    Will look out for Pride on men and motors though
    Found a documentry on british eurosport last week which was quite good, went up to just before Fedor became champion at pride 25 (the only pride DVD I own).
    It was great at first having UFC on Bravo, then player, every single night, but I've now seen all of the fights they keep repeating

think i will buy a couple of pride DVDs in between each new UFC to get my mma hit

6. ED-209

ED-209 Valued Member

My life is complete

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

You're a sarcastic dude, I like you already :D

8. stev-0

stev-0 New Member

radiotimes.com had Pride listed for 11:30pm on Eurosport today, but there is superbikes on instead. Other TV guides have it listed for 12:30, but the guide on my TV has tennis listed at this time, so who knows...

The PrideFC programme is repeated on
    12 August, 11-12:30pm, Eurosport,
    according to Radiotimes.com

9. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

The Silvervision DVDs are worth getting, though its only the event rather than any extras. I've bought UFC 1-16 from there, and the first Pride; all the Silvervision UFC and Pride DVDs (so far at least) have two events, so you get your moneys worth.

If you do want some extras, then there used to be a more expensive option from MMA Universe, but I think they've since sold out. Might still be floating around somewhere, though.

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

You can buy some at like a Virgin or HMV tho. They sell the old ones in a double pack like Pride 4+5 for like £15.

11. slideyfoot

Same price as on Silvervision; no postage, so you can save yourself the petrol cost of going to HMV. :p

Also, Silvervision does have high street shops as well, such as the one in the Bullring (if you happen to live in Brum).

12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I have been itching to buy the Pride Grand Prix 2004. Its £40 but its the got the Ring Girl showcase as part of the extras. Very tempting

Ring Girls dont get enough credit.

13. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I agree. Especially the visions of loveliness that are Pride ring girls :D (I have that DVD set - it rocks)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  14. slideyfoot

Ring girls? Bleh. I'd much rather they got rid of them and put the money into female MMA competition instead. I buy Pride to watch the fights.

15. Fightshop.Com

Fightshop.Com Valued Member

16. Topher

Topher allo!

Pride was on Eurosport the other day.

17. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

They show it on Sky One, here take a look...

[​IMG]

:D

18. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Gentlemen, Pride is not something you can simply buy from a store in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter. Pride must be earned.

Yes I’m bored and postwhoring…. :eek:

19. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I think you're talking about respect. Respect can't be bought or demanded, it has to be earned. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins is it not? :D

Seriously, isn't Pride or Ultimate Fighting or something akin to that shown on the Bravo Channel or one of the other Men 'lifestyle' stations?

20. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I would agree, but the pride I purchased earlier on, via my underground contacts, wont let me.. :)